indigo supply question

Hi,

I was just wondering how the supply is expected to be for indigo?

I ordered a Tri-Star, but lost some income and had to cancel the order. I hope to order again in the fall, but then had a worry of what if the indigo supply can only make so many bags?

Thanks for any feedback!

Cheers.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    scotlib:

Not to worry! Indigo is a custom color that we ordered a large dye lot of. It's already really popular and I can't imagine us not ordering it again. Grape, Kiwi and Hunter 1050d ballistic nylon colors were/are not custom colors - they were fabrics we were (or are, in the case of Kiwi) able to get small quantities of.

Also, the initial $200 price of the Tri-Star will be honored for you when you are able to order again. Just make sure to remind us of that when you do place your order.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    scotlib:
    Also, the initial $200 price of the Tri-Star will be honored for you when you are able to order again. Just make sure to remind us of that when you do place your order.
    Hi Darcy,

Thanks for the info and kind offer, though I may not have to take you up on that as I just spend the summer possibly changing my mind, debating .. Tri-Star / Aeronaut .. Aeronaut / Tri-Star.

I have in-laws in the Seattle area. Maybe I should surprise the ##@ out of them and show up for a visit, lol, to view the two bags in person!

I think I prefer the Tri-Star's size. I like the Aeronaut's lower weight and don't really need the Tri-Star's 3 compartment arrangement for, what is my case, leisure travel.

So hard to decide (much hand wringing and sighing).

Cheers.
    Last edited by scotlib; 05-26-2009 at 11:24 AM.

I was wondering what happened to bags in Indigo and found this thread after doing a search. Why did you guys stop making Indigo bags? They're so distinctive and it's such a cool color.

I love my steel Brain Bag, but if you guys offered an Indigo one, I might just need to order it.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by conejo23 View Post
    I was wondering what happened to bags in Indigo and found this thread after doing a search. Why did you guys stop making Indigo bags? They're so distinctive and it's such a cool color.

I love my steel Brain Bag, but if you guys offered an Indigo one, I might just need to order it.
    @conejo23 I think it's a question of how many special color lots of custom ballistic nylon they can keep on hand at any time. At the time they retired Indigo in ballistic nylon, which is the relevant fabric for the Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Co-Pilot, Western Flyer, and bags of that sort, they also introduced Forest, Navy, and Cardinal as new Ballistic Nylon colors. That doesn't entirely explain why the production of Brain Bags in Indigo (Cordura) also slacked off, while they continue to offer the Synapse in Indigo (Cordura), but I think it's a case of coordinating colors of bags. But it does mean that there are economic factors in investing in any particular fabric color stock, and that enters into long-term planning of what bag and color combinations can be offered.

moriond

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0