Thread: Aeronaut Breve?

Aeronaut Breve?

I've been lurking for a while and am finally ready to buy a travel bag, but I have a challenge. I'm not a tall guy (~5'6"), and the old reviews of the Aeronaut suggested that there was a Breve version with smaller straps for those < 5'8". I'm unable to find the Breve version on the website anymore though. Is it gone? If so, what's the recommended replacement? Thanks!

-Chang

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Welcome, evernal!

Most people found the Standard straps to be just as comfortable as the Breve straps, and because of that, we discontinued the Breve. If it helps, I'm 5'5" and I couldn't tell a difference between the Standard and Breve straps, as far as I can remember.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by evernal View Post
    I've been lurking for a while and am finally ready to buy a travel bag, but I have a challenge. I'm not a tall guy (~5'6"), and the old reviews of the Aeronaut suggested that there was a Breve version with smaller straps for those < 5'8". I'm unable to find the Breve version on the website anymore though. Is it gone? If so, what's the recommended replacement? Thanks!

-Chang
    To add to Darcy's reply, I suspect you'll do fine with Aeronaut. The difference is mainly noticeable if you have both a smaller frame and slighter build (so that the precise adjustment of the straps to your shoulders is more of an issue) and if you plan to use this bag in backpack mode for an extended length of time (e.g. walk for a few miles with this fully loaded). Here's my post about the Aeronaut and the Aeronaut Breve. Get the Aeronaut with the Absolute Strap. If you're interested in packing cubes, this thread might be useful. There are also a lot of recently added options like the Shop Bag, the Packing Cube Backpack, the 3DClear Organizer Pouch, and the Side Effect, as well as older standbys such as the Clear Quarter Packing Cube.

moriond

i've never used the breve so i can't rightly compare, but i'm 5'3" at most, and i wore the aeronaut as a backpack recently on a trip. it was comfortable for the length of time that i wore it... of course, i didn't go backpacking in the woods with it or anything.

Thanks for the feedback! sounds like the Aeronaut is a viable option. I'm also very tempted by the new Tristar, but since it's not shipping until late June and my trip to Oahu is on June 4th it's not an option.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0