Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Folding clothes for large Packing Cubes?

I just received my Aeronaut (steel/steel) and packing cubes. I am really looking forward to using them for a short trip this week. In the past, I have used the Eagle Creek Pack-It System and used the folding board to fold shirts, pants, etc. This has worked out well as I can put however many layers of garment in it and close it tightly with the fasteners. What makes this particular system work is the folding board where you can fold clothes almost to the same size as the packing bag. I would like to do the same with the large Packing Cube. However, since the Packing Cube does not come with a folding board, what would be the best way to fold the clothes (dress shirts, T-shirts, etc.) so they will fit snugly in the Cube? Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

After searching older forum posts, it looks like a 15" Eagle Creek PackIt Folder will fit in the main compartment of the Aeronaut. (I currently have the 18"). I will just use the Packing Cube for casual wears.

I thought the 18" would fit if you undo the snaps and give up a small amount of space in the side pockets. Let me know how the 18" fits, Pictures