Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Volunteer Moderator

Checkpoint Flyer - carrying a laptop inside of the main compartment?

hi folks,

i am curious if you can carry a second laptop inside of the main compartment of the checkpoint flyer if needed.

will the main compartment of the checkpoint flyer hold the checkpoint flyer laptop case designed for the 13" macbook?

thx!

Super Moderator
    I don't only a larger inner sleeve, but as a possibly hepful data point, I have plenty of room to carry a 10" Eee in a neoprene sleeve in that main compartment, with a MacBook Pro in the shell ...

ETA: Hmm. Somehow I mangled that! Should have read ...

I don't have the MacBook size, only the MacBook Pro size, but as a possibly hepful data point, I have plenty of room to carry a 10" Eee in a neoprene sleeve in that main compartment, with a MacBook Pro in the shell ...

timothy
    Last edited by timothy; 04-30-2009 at 10:14 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    will the main compartment of the checkpoint flyer hold the checkpoint flyer laptop case designed for the 13" macbook?
    Yes, it will.

Also, we have several customers who have mentioned that carry their larger laptop in the Checkpoint Flyer laptop case (attached to the bag as designed) and put their smaller laptop or netbook in a sleeve and then in the main compartment.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    that is very cool!

another thought that comes to mind is that the checkpoint flyer's main compartment could be used to carry a change or two of clothes in a packing cube along with toiletries in the 3d clear organizer cube.

then you can leave the packing cubes and 3d clear organizer cube with clothes and toiletries at the hotel (or wherever you are staying) and take your checkpoint flyer laptop case (with laptop inside) in the main compartment of the checkpoint flyer, making for a smaller package to carry. i hope i'm describing what i mean clearly.

it's a pretty neat bag!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yes, it will.

Also, we have several customers who have mentioned that carry their larger laptop in the Checkpoint Flyer laptop case (attached to the bag as designed) and put their smaller laptop or netbook in a sleeve and then in the main compartment.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0