Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Volunteer Moderator
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Has anyone here carried a suit in a Western Flyer or a Tri-Star?
    I thought I'd bump this thread to point out that there has been more discussion about techniques of suit jacket folding in the comments to Kevin's First Take: Tom Bihn Tri-Star review at Practical Hacks since the last few posts in this thread. (Some of these were even made by people who post in these forums!)

This discussion also follows up this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by mruseless View Post
    My big hope is that I can finally pack a business suit in a Tom Bihn bag. The Aeronaut did OK on this task, but was not ideal.
    The comments to the reviews at Practical Hacks and One Bag, One World (and in its forums) are well worth reading. A check of the OBOW comments after the Aeronaut review showed:
    I think you missed a simple but great feature of this bag: there are two buttons on each of the two dividers that keep the main compartment separate from the end pockets. Unbutton one or both dividers to enlarge the center compartment. This doesn't turn it into a briefcase meant for carrying papers but is a thoughtfull design to add versatility to a bag that's meant to do one thing exceptionally well: keep you traveling comfortably in style with one bag. I love my Aeronaut.
    and Brad's reply:
    I didn't mention the snaps because I thought they would be difficult to describe - but you've done a good job.
    moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 09-06-2009 at 04:15 AM.

As Arte Johnson would say in the jungle: Veeeerrrry, veeeerrry iiiiiiiiinterestink...

I'll check out those links.

keb
    MtnMan--

check out my "Aeronaut and Western Flyer post in France" over in the bag review section. A suit, several dress shirts, a tie, two additional pairs of slacks, dress shoes, etc... Actually worked out pretty well, and the suit was linen...
    I wear a 44 jacket and size 11 shoes....
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

keb,

Which web-site is that?

keb
    Here in the TB forums on the 2nd page of the Bag Reviews section. Basically I used a Western Flyer large packing cube. I can't quite remember how I did it but I had two additional pairs of pants that I used to help tighten the load. I put a tie in between the pants. I folded the jacket inside out and sleeve into sleeve. I used some rolled t-shirts to keep things from creasing and everything basically folded over in thirds. I made sure that nothing was directly folded on itself and made sure everything was tightly within the packing cube. I unsnapped the bottom inside snaps of the main compartment end walls and then put the WF cube in first before loading the end compartments. I used the Aeronaut large cube for bundle packed shirts and I think I even managed to sneak in a small Western Flyer cube with underwear into the main main compartment of the aeronaut as well. When I got there things were pretty presentable, with some wrinkling of the sleeves that I think is unavoidable and a little "bending" in the bottom of the jacket. The tie actually looked pretty good. The pants looked great. I would have had the suit pressed if I were meeting the President or something like that but for going out for a fancy dinner or a cocktail party at someone's home it was fine. And it was a linen suit....
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0