Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Thread: Waist Straps

Waist Straps

Regarding the new waist straps...if we order a bag with one, but decide, on occasion, not to use them, can they be stored or removed, or is the only option to let them dangle down.

Thanks.

P.S...I'm a big guy....what's the max waist it will fit?

Not sure on the new bags with the waist straps, but you could always order a bag without them, then add on the retrofit waist straps. They're guaranteed to come off!

Volunteer Moderator
    hi,

yes! the waist strap can easily be removed and stored. for a demonstration, see this video on how the gatekeeper clips make it easy to remove and reattach the waist strap.

i'm not sure what the max waist size is, but i'll measure later tonight and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by fbrown627 View Post
    Regarding the new waist straps...if we order a bag with one, but decide, on occasion, not to use them, can they be stored or removed, or is the only option to let them dangle down.

Thanks.

P.S...I'm a big guy....what's the max waist it will fit?

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hi,

yes! the waist strap can easily be removed and stored. for a demonstration, see this video on how the gatekeeper clips make it easy to remove and reattach the waist strap.

i'm not sure what the max waist size is, but i'll measure later tonight and let you know.
    I may be confused. I thought we were referring to the new waist strap on the Aeronaut/Western Flyer/Tri-Star.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    I may be confused. I thought we were referring to the new waist strap on the Aeronaut/Western Flyer/Tri-Star.
    oh - i'm sorry. i assumed that the waist strap on the aeronaut/western flyer/tri-star use the gatekeeper clips. is that not the case?

oh - i'm sorry. i assumed that the waist strap on the aeronaut/western flyer/tri-star use the gatekeeper clips. is that not the case?
    You know, if you look at pictures z and z1 of the Tri-Star and k of the Western Flyer, it does appear that they are connected by gatekeeper clips. I wonder how they are designing the retrofit?

Any ideas on when the retrofit waist straps will be shipping? I am leaving on a trip May 23 and would like to add them to my order, but I don't want to hold up everything else if it's going to be longer.

Volunteer Moderator
    sorry i didn't respond to this earlier.

i checked the waist strap on my medium cafe bag. i would estimate that it would fit a 40" or a 42" waist.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    ALL TOM BIHN bags - with the exception of the Side Effect - that have waist straps have removable waist straps.

Here's a link to the Waist Strap retrofit kit page.

It's not quite done yet, but you are welcome to go ahead and order it!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0