Ways of using Swift for other than knitting?

I could not pass up the stunning new cork Swift - but I don't knit! - so I'm hoping it will work as a regular tote.

Have any of you used it for things other than knitting? I read an earlier thread about putting a MacBook in it, so I know that it can be used for a laptop in a pinch.

I'm hoping to use it with books, notebooks (the paper kind), etc. All ideas welcome!

I don't knit either but do needlework. I use Yarn Stuff Sacks to store my skeins and cones of yarns.

I am also a voracious reader of non-fiction books about mammals, many of those are out of print, thick hardbacks and I can fit at least 3 or 4 of those.

You can fit 6 or 7 smaller softbacks books.

I also carry pads in their holders or a letter size plastic envelop in my Swift(s).

I love Swifts so much I have 4 of them, all in different colors.

I believe I am going to get one in Punch as well.

They are extremely roomy and I use them to carry last minute extras on road trips.
    I use them for errands and while shopping, except the grocery store, I use other bags to carry my monthly load.

I would take them on planes if it were not for the stupid bag number restriction.

If you live in a city with a public transportation, use this bag for your reading, tucking your lunch and a bottle of water.

Yarn Stuff Sacks are ideal to carry lunch stuff. The Small Clear Bottom ones can carry a couple of individual sized containers for lunch and a small bottle.
    The Large Clear Bottom Yarn Stuff Sacks can carry a big stack of medium sized container full of snacks or a big one litter bottle.

I really love the Swift, it is a very versatile bag and can be used from heavy duty transport of books to just looking cute while strolling at the mall.

I almost forgot, if you want to transport your laptop you should get a proper padded case, the Archetype is cork laptop case, it would look gorgeous with your Swift. I don't know if it would fit inside the Swift, ask Darcy about it and other laptop cases.

Wow, sounds like it's a grand all-around bag. Thanks for all the great ideas. It was just too beautiful to pass up.

I would love to get the Archetype but I don't think it fits the MBA. (I haven't asked, though, so I could be wrong.) I missed out on the cork/hunter Imago. That looked so beautiful, but I dawdled for just a bit too long.

I use mine as my everyday bag. Sure, there's usually knitting in there, but also files, papers, books. I use one of the clear pockets to hold my general "purse" stuff and the other holds things like pencils, pens, extra business cards, brochures. I've recently done a slew of trade shows and the Swift was able to carry all the stuff I needed to have at my fingertips.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0