Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Empire Builder and Ego

I bought an Ego. I find it does not really have enough space for much in the main compartment if I use my brain cell in it. I shoulda gone with a Super Ego. But, so it goes.

I note that the Empire Builder is actually smaller in cubic volume than the Ego. Is the Empire Builder, by its design, better suited for carrying a laptop in a brain cell along with other materials than the Ego is?

Lawcomic, I went through a very similar situation--originally ordered the Ego with a 3s brain cell. Although the brain cell fit comfortably in the Ego, there wasn't room for much more without the bag seeming cramped. I kept the Ego, but also ordered the Empire Builder.

I'm not sure about the difference in the cubic volume between the Ego and Empire Builder, but the Empire Builder seems to have considerably more room in the main compartment. There is plenty of room for the brain cell, a freudian horizontal slip, a few note pads, files and even a book if needed. And, that's just the main compartment.

Thanks, cfurby. Would a file maybe 2 inches thick fit in the Empire along with a brain cell and a Freudian slip?

Yes, a 2 inch file along with a brain cell and a freudian slip will definitely fit in the Empire main compartment.

Great! Thank you.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0