Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    You might want to wait a little to get it, the color might show up since those two colors are pretty much unisex and business like to
    boot.
    Ooo, now I have to call and ask. Tnx again.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Quote Originally Posted by ex machina View Post
    Tnx Backpack, that clears it up for me. Now if only I could get the LCB in Steel/Cayenne to match my Imago.
    ex machina,

Is the steel on your Imago Ballistic and how do you like it compared with the Cordura?
    [FONT="Garamond"]Imago in cocoa/cocoa/wasabi, Medium Cafe Bag in plum/wasabi, Swift in cork, Little Swift in Verde/Verde/Ultraviolet, LCB in Linen/Olive.

Quote Originally Posted by cancoi View Post
    ex machina,

Is the steel on your Imago Ballistic and how do you like it compared with the Cordura?
    I think the ballistic looks real sharp. The color is great and the weave has this effect of making it look different as the lighting changes. It kind reminds me of sharkskin pants but no where near as pronounced in effect. I really like it.

I have the medium cafe bag in navy cordura and I like that as well. Both are excellent fabrics. Do I have a preference? If I had to choose between the two fabrics, I would go with the ballistic. But no one is getting my cafe bag.

By the By, the ballistic fabric is the best ballistic I have ever seen. It has this great sheen, smooth feel, head and shoulders above the rest out there. I would not hesitate to get another ballistic bag (or cordura bag for that matter) from Tom Bihn.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

So, I received the MCB and stuffed it with my things from my Imago and the small Stuff Sack; strangely, almost everything fit into it fairly well, although acclimating to a north-south from east-west orientation is mildly perplexing. (I've been using messenger-style bags daily for the past 8 years). I do like it, but more for an knock-around bag. If my stuff sack is really full, I am having problems with it bulging, which I know, backpack, you alluded to in your earlier post. And, at times, I will need more room for papers and possibly my laptop at work.

Given that, plus the fact that a color combo I proposed for the Imago is coming in April (steel/cork/wasabi), I'm also going to order another Imago, as my other is relegated for diaper duty and I somehow *need* to have an Imago with a cork panel.

Thanks to everyone who gave feedback.
    Last edited by cancoi; 03-22-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: forgot to say thank you.
    [FONT="Garamond"]Imago in cocoa/cocoa/wasabi, Medium Cafe Bag in plum/wasabi, Swift in cork, Little Swift in Verde/Verde/Ultraviolet, LCB in Linen/Olive.

Talking

I have found that a series of pouches and keystraps has been a huge aid in keeping my MCB organized and less trending toward a bulge. I can stack the pouches (small on small) between or behind the medium Clear Pouches. I will be posting my layout (with pics) over spring break (April 8-17.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0