Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Before Gates, there was no such thing as business casual.

Everybody was wearing a white or blue shirt with tie and nice looking but uncomfortable pants or a suit.

People liked the idea of wearing nice and comfortable cotton at work so much, that designers, followed by jeans houses, then department stores, and ultimately, discount chains stores made their own brands of khaki and cotton shirts.

The Stylish designs of Tom Bihn bags in Black and/or Steel Cordura can replace leather bags the way khaki has replaced the wool pants.
    Last edited by backpack; 03-06-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mruseless View Post
    Disagree. Steel looks very professional too. Black perhaps a bit more neutral, but I've never had anyone say anything negative about my briefcase in Steel and Black. Just because you don't think there should be a debate doesn't mean there can't be one.
    I never said I thought there should be no debate?
    I simply can not believe anyone really thinks alternatives to a black Exterior look as professional as Black does.

By the way,I love your Sig. and I have been using it for a while myself now too.
    I am amazed how many people just give me a blank stare when I mention it.
    People are funny?

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    there is definitely something to be said for the conservative black or steel choices for the exterior with a more lively color for the inside of the bag.
    I am a new fan of the bright interior color. It's to the point where I'm almost requiring it. It makes finding things so much easier. It should be an option with every bag if possible.

i personally like the navy blue, and the steel may be interesting. but black just doesn't do it for me.

maybe it's because every other laptop bag i ever came across before i found tom bihn bags was black.
    I think that's my problem. It's not that I don't like black but I feel generic if I pick the same as everyone else. It's not practical for bags you check IMO because it's too easy to get confused with other bags. For security, it's nice to have a non-black bag so you can easily spot your bag being stolen (but I have to admit it's silly to plan your bag color just based on the fact it may be stolen).

I have to say though, the more I stare at pictures the more the black bags are growing on me. It is a nice traditional look when it's dust free.

I think my big problem is that when I find a bag I like I'm so happy with it that I want it to stand out, which isn't always good if you happen to be on a job interview or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    I never said I thought there should be no debate?
    I simply can not believe anyone really thinks alternatives to a black Exterior look as professional as Black does.

By the way,I love your Sig. and I have been using it for a while myself now too.
    I am amazed how many people just give me a blank stare when I mention it.
    People are funny?
    My apologies, I took your initial comment (about not understanding the debate) as a cynical statement meaning that you thought the debate was stupid or shouldn't be happening. That's what happens when I try to read intent into a post instead of just reading the words. Let that be a lesson to all of you!

I know what you mean about the blank stares, I gotten a few of them myself.

Back to the topic, I suppose I have to concede that steel is not quite as professional as black, but my point is that unless you are a C-level executive (I'm not), then I think steel is fine and the color would never cause a problem. Of course, my experience with this is my EB, which is almost all black with a steel front flap. I've seen some pretty wacky stuff in business meetings.
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0