Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PM4HIRE

Thread: Are men carrying the cafe bags?

Are men carrying the cafe bags?

I must admit that I am intrigued by the cafe bags, and feel they would be very handy. But they look a bit purse-like to me, and I am wondering if many males are indeed carrying them and if so what their thoughts are. Images of how you are carrying might help too.

There are several men on the forums who have one, and I just gave my boyfriend my Large Cafe bag. I'll see if he'll let me take a headless picture of him wearing it.

I think they look fine on men. A Swift on a guy might be questionable, but the Cafe bag is definitely unisex.

I got a Small Cafe Bag for my 34-year-old boyfriend last year, and he has been using it almost every day since. He affectionately calls it his "man-bag". He's wearing it cross-body, like a messenger bag, and he thinks the anti-slip shoulder pad makes it look more utilitarian and not at all like a ladies' purse. The bag molds unobtrusively to his body, so he's more comfortable now than when he would stuff his pockets full. And he's very happy with the understated, manly colors (steel/olive -- a great customer service person helped me with that choice!).

Thumbs up Real Men Wear Cafe Bags

WMW40 likes this.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

Volunteer Moderator
    the cafe bags make great man bags.

i wear mine proudly.

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    I must admit that I am intrigued by the cafe bags, and feel they would be very handy. But they look a bit purse-like to me, and I am wondering if many males are indeed carrying them and if so what their thoughts are. Images of how you are carrying might help too.
    I just ordered a medium steel/olive. If the cross chest strap weren't there, I think it would feel less unisex. I'll try to upload a photo or two when I receive it.

In my opinion, the cafe bag is a far more manly accessory than, say, a fanny pack (ick).

We just ordered a black/wasabi Small Cafe Bag for my wife. I insisted on black in case I wanted to borrow it.
    ----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicTiki View Post
    In my opinion, the cafe bag is a far more manly accessory than, say, a fanny pack (ick).
    You got that right, Bob!

Like Maverick, I too sport my Large Cafe Bag proudly. Beyond functional, and practical, I find it exceptionally stylish.

The Imago with a QAM strap might be a more "manly" option. Especially if you get a more "manly" color. IIRC, the Imago has a bit more room too.

I have two cafe bag's a small and a large, and since I am a "real" man, I couldn't care less what others think, i use what works.

I've owned a medium cafe bag for three years, wear it and a backpack into work every day, and often wear the cafe bag when I'm out for other reasons. My teenage sons alternatively refer to it as my "man bag" or "murse". I don't really care how it looks, it's very functional, but I don't think it looks "bad" in any way. My wife wouldn't hesitate to tell me it looked "bad", if in fact it did, but she never has. I've gotten a lot of negative comments by strangers on my choice of hats over the years, but can't remember anyone ever making a comment on my cafe bag.

My husband LOVES his medium cafe bag! He carries an Empire Builder during the week and still needed a bag for weekends but smaller. The Cafe Bag makes his life so much easier! He has what he needs for weekend activities and can easily transfer the essentials back for the work week.
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

I wish I would get my husband into a cafe bag; he simply insists on shoving everything (all 5 lbs of it) into his pockets. Sigh.

Then again, maybe it's just my way of trying to get another TB bag in the house... lol.
    Imago in cocoa/cocoa/wasabi, Medium Cafe Bag in plum/wasabi, Swift in cork, steel stuff sack, steel pen/pencil pouch, plum clear organizer wallet, small cork pouch and steel/cork/wasabi Imago

Thumbs up Cafe Bag and Men

I'm 6'1'', bearded, and close to 400 lbs. I state this to underscore I have never been considered effeminate. I don't get a second look carrying a Medium Cafe Bag either on the college campus or about town. I have come to find it indispensable. I will be posting a long and detailed post over spring break about my bag adventures but I will tell you this now: the cafe bag is fine for men. In fact the cafe bag is a great bag for men because it doesn't look so much like a purse as a satchel or modified saddle bag. Maybe an army bag without the staleness. It works great, and looks great. I am planning on getting the Large Cafe Bag next.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Thanks to all for the responses....my wallet will soon be lighter!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0