Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9

    Water bottle that doesn't fall out of ID?

    I just had my Poland spring water bottle fall out of my ID for the 90th time. Is there something that fits securely in the water bottle pocket and won't fall out immedtiately upon breaking out into anything more than a brisk walk?

    It's like this pocket is taunting me...

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    75
    While we're on this topic, why doesn't SOMEONE make a narrow, small water bottle? None of the ones currently on the market will fit a narrow pocket (like a plastic water bottle will). When in a place that has a place to fill the smaller ones, it makes a bag heavy to carry around a load of water. I personally care 8 oz. and the smaller (12 oz.) metal bottles all have wide bottoms, so that they won't fit into most pockets.

    My suggestion for securing the bottles would be to add the O ring inside the pocket, where you could attach a bottle clip. It might still fall out, but if it does, it won't fall to the ground. I solved that problem with my purse/backpack that way. I also hold my hard glasses case in that way.

    Another tip: If you want to make the O rings easier to use, or to put more lanyards and/or clips on them, attach a metal O key ring to them. My (ACE) hardware store sells them in various sizes.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,886
    Some outdoor gear places sell straps with a little rubber ring at the end.
    The rubber ring fits the top of plastic water bottles.

    After fitting the bottle with the strap, you can then attach the strap to the side strap of your ID,

    Below are pictures of bottle carry strap/ring, some even have carabiner clips.

    http://www.amazon.com/Bluewave-Acces...013444&sr=1-26

    http://www.amazon.com/Bottle-Holders...m_cr_pr_sims_t


    You could also check stores like Target or the drugstores near you, some grocery stores might even have them.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Seesul View Post
    While we're on this topic, why doesn't SOMEONE make a narrow, small water bottle? None of the ones currently on the market will fit a narrow pocket (like a plastic water bottle will). When in a place that has a place to fill the smaller ones, it makes a bag heavy to carry around a load of water. I personally care 8 oz. and the smaller (12 oz.) metal bottles all have wide bottoms, so that they won't fit into most pockets.
    Is a Klean Kanteen (I have the 27 oz) too wide? It's not as small as a disposable bottle but it's a lot more narrow than a Nalgene.

    I hope Klean Kanteens fit in the Brain Bag pockets!!! (I don't have a BB yet but I'm planning to get one)
    Last edited by autumnmist; 03-02-2009 at 12:26 PM.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20
    I have the Klean Kanteen 27oz bottle. Let me know if it fits in the Brain Bag mesh pocket when you get it. I'm planning on eventually getting a Brain Bag but find myself always wishing it had side pockets for water bottles.
    Last edited by tommylane; 03-02-2009 at 12:30 PM.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by altano View Post
    I just had my Poland spring water bottle fall out of my ID for the 90th time. Is there something that fits securely in the water bottle pocket and won't fall out immedtiately upon breaking out into anything more than a brisk walk?

    It's like this pocket is taunting me...
    Are you tightening up the cinch straps? I lug bottles of water in mine all the time and have never had this problem.
    ----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

    Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by tommylane View Post
    I have the Klean Kanteen 27oz bottle. Let me know if it fits in the Brain Bag mesh pocket when you get it. I'm planning on eventually getting a Brain Bag but find myself always wishing it had side pockets for water bottles.
    I just got a Brain Bag today and the Klean Kanteen 18oz. Sport-top bottles fit easily inside the small zippered pockets. autumnmist also posted a pic in another thread with what appears to be the 27 oz bottle in the mesh section. It would be a tight fit inside the pocket, but I think it might work.
    I've got a 2XXLT H. Brain Cell (fits my H-P HDX18t like a glove), a Sapphire/Black Brain Bag with a matching Snake Charmer, a 2XL Vertical Soft Cell, a Sapphire wallet, a Size 4 H. Brain Cell for my wife's laptop and... a school boy's crush on Darcy


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0