Aeronaut straps pocket

Im planning my first trip with my aeronaut. Has anyone used the back pocket to stow a smaller bag for day outings at the destination of travel. I was thinking a med/large cafe bag would be great to have around. Just a thought I had.

Super Moderator
    One thing I've thought about, if I get an Aeronaut / ("Starlite"?), would be to get one of the convertable backpack packing cubes -- would waste less space / weight-carrying along the way. (Depends on your destination, too, though -- there's no way the convertable packing cube will ever look as good or be quite as sturdy as a dedicated bag ... and it will always look more touristy )

timothy

I've never used the back straps pocket to stow another bag, but I routinely use it to store reading materials like magazines and newspapers. The pocket is perfectly sized for this.
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Volunteer Moderator
    what a clever idea!

i will try it and let you know. as i write this, i am also thinking that this would be a convenient place to store a jacket, also.

If you want to keep magazines as wrinkle and tear-free as possible, get one of those tyvec magazine-sized envelopes, or something similar (I've got this vinyl thing from a trade show). Put the magazines in that, then put the whole thing in the back pocket. It will only add an ounce or two of weight, and will keep the materials in good shape.
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0