Thread: A smaller Ego?

A smaller Ego?

Newbie here, very impressed with the Tom Bihn line and passion about quality. I love the looks of the Ego bags, but think even the Ego (as opposed to Super) would be a bit large. I was curious if there were any plans to release a third (smaller) Ego at some point?

I am coming out of a Booq backpack that has lasted close to 10 years...ballistic...very durable.

Thanks in advance.

Volunteer Moderator

the id

hello and welcome!

a smaller ego would be interesting (i know mine is pretty darned big! .

while the design is different than that of the ego and the superego, the id is a smaller messenger style bag.

Thanks, I had not really even considered the ID yet as I like the styling of the Ego...but I will have a look. Is it really that much smaller than the Ego?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Thanks, I had not really even considered the ID yet as I like the styling of the Ego...but I will have a look. Is it really that much smaller than the Ego?
    hi!

i have an earlier generation id, and i've ordered an ego that will arrive this week. i'm going out of town but will be back next week and i will post some side by side pictures so you can see the difference

Thank you - that would be helpful. I really like the Ego as well, but am worried about its size. What drove you to it (from the ID)?

Volunteer Moderator
    i have an earlier generation id, and i really like it. but i haven't used it in a while - i've been using the large cafe bag or ruck's sac to carry my macbook, and the buzz or the smart alec when i carry my macbook pro.

even though the id is a messenger bag, i've always thought about it as a briefbag because i was in the mindset of looking for a briefbag when i got the id. so more than anything, i think it's a psychological thing.

even though the ego has more capacity than the id, i think it will feel more like a messenger bag, which is where my head is right now.

Thank you - that would be helpful. I really like the Ego as well, but am worried about its size. What drove you to it (from the ID)?

Well, I went ahead and bought a (used) Ego blindly...should be here next week. I am so excited, and will post my thoughts once I have used it for awhile.

I received my Ego today, and must say that it not as big as I thought it would be...it is PERFECT! Bravo Mr. Bihn!

Ego question: is there an organizer that fits the front vertical zippered pouches under the flap?

Ego question: is there an organizer that fits the front vertical zippered pouches under the flap?
    Bump up on this question, if anyone knows...

Volunteer Moderator
    Bump up on this question, if anyone knows...
    oh - sorry, i meant to respond to this. the small is a little tall, but the mini organizer pouch fits nicely.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0