Medium Cafe Bag & 12" Powerbook

Just wondering if anyone has or had this combination. I can tell from the measurements that the Powerbook should fit in the bag, but I am wondering if it realistically leaves any space for anything else or if it fills it up completely, in which case I'd opt for a Large Cafe bag or a Ristretto. If the Medium still leaves enough speace for a camera, a book, a bottle etc, I'd prefer that one. Thanks for any hints.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I'd definitely recommend going with the Large Cafe or Ristretto. The Medium won't leave you extra room, and you wouldn't be able to fit the 12" Powerbook in there with any kind of padded sleeve around it - that might be OK if you're super extra gentle with your laptop and promise to never bump/drop it, but...

You can slip the Powerbook in our Size 5 Vertical Soft Cell and then put the Soft Cell in the Large Cafe Bag, or use the Ristretto, which has a built-in padded pocket for the laptop.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

amw
    Darcy, is there much room left in the Large Cafe after you put a size 5 softcell in there? I'd like this solution as most days I don't need much more than my laptop, a portfolio and an ipod. Ideally, also my water bottle (1 ltr-ish). My brain bag is a bit of overkill for that.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I think it'd work. my only concern is the water bottle, but it will probably squeeze in OK!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0