How Do TB Bags Get Their Names??

My husband (Empire Builder and Brain Cell) and I (Ego and Brain Cell) were searching the TB site for a smaller bag we could use for the weekends around town (we chose 2 medium cafe bags). It dawned on us that all of the TB bags have very unique and personal names - almost like children! We were curious -- just how do the bags and accessories get their names?

By the way -- as parents of 2 adopted special needs brothers, we get little to no down time as a couple so we had great fun imagining how the wonderful names came about!

Volunteer Moderator
    i would venture to say there is definitely a fascination with freud and psychology in the naming of some of the products...

id, ego, super ego, freudian slip, imago...

are there others i missed?

-m

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    i would venture to say there is definitely a fascination with freud and psychology in the naming of some of the products...

id, ego, super ego, freudian slip, imago...

are there others i missed?

-m
    The Archetype

About brain too, Smart Alec and Brain Bag.

And French: Cafe, Aeronaut(e), trains: Swift and Zephyr and aviation Aeronaut, Western Flyer, Checkpoint Flyer

No idea, Ristretto and Buzz

Volunteer Moderator
    ristretto is a "very short shot of espresso coffee."

-m

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    ristretto is a "very short shot of espresso coffee."

-m
    That would give someone a Buzz lol

Hmmm. Food for thought, I guess!

Well, my husband and I did come up with some interesting thoughts on the subject and some were close to those posted. I had to smile though as most evoke a concept of travel!

Perhaps Darcy has some insight or perhaps Tom himself could weigh in?
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Quote Originally Posted by Nana8 View Post
    Well, my husband and I did come up with some interesting thoughts on the subject and some were close to those posted. I had to smile though as most evoke a concept of travel!

Perhaps Darcy has some insight or perhaps Tom himself could weigh in?
    Getting past this little conversation about TB product names, can you tell me more about "husband" color option for the Empire Builder?

Of course!

He chose the Black/Sapphire combination. He needed something that was business appropriate but had a bit of "zip" to it for himself. He really loves his EB and get compliments each day on what a truly nice bag it is!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0