Volunteer Moderator

universal freudian slip to hold and easily move the essentials from bag to bag

i think we've discussed this before, but i couldn't find the thread and thought i would try to resurrect the discussion...

many of us have more than one bag. we may carry the smart alec at times, or the buzz at other times, or a large cafe bag at other times.

regardless of which bag we are carrying, there are certain essentials that we always pack with us. this may include phone, wallet, keys, camera, earphones, and so forth.

and we move these items from one bag to another.

or if you're like me, all of this stuff lives in a small cafe bag that you carry in addition to the larger bag you're carrying.

while we can organize all of this stuff into organizer pouches of different sizes and materials, what i would like is a way to move the whole essentials setup from one bag to another.

so i thought - how about a "universal" freudian slip that fits in all of the larger tom bihn bags? so whether it's the smart alec, the large cafe bag, or the buzz that you want to carry, you slip that universal freudian slip in and you're ready to go.

you can go a step further and size this universal freudian slip about the size of a small cafe bag. so when you just want the essentials and not a larger bag, you slip that universal freudian into the small cafe bag and you're all set to go.

the universal freudian slip would have different sized pockets, a couple of pen holders, and several hooks to attach different organizer pouches and keys.

could we build this?

let me know what you think!

thanks!!

-m

Volunteer Moderator
    so maybe on one side, we have a large pocket and 2 pen holders - like in the small cafe bag.

on the other side, we have 2 mesh pockets - like those in the freudian slip, but smaller.

up top, we have 4 hooks - 2 on each side. the hooks can be placed to the far left and far right.

i can create and upload a diagram later this evening...

-m

Volunteer Moderator
    another question to ask is whether sizing this such that it can fit in the small cafe bag is the right idea. maybe it can be sized a little bigger (so that it can hold a little more) and the smallest bag that it could fit in is the medium cafe bag.

-m

That sounds awesome!!! Great idea

Volunteer Moderator
    another idea for the pockets is the layered approach - like in this picture of the brain bag:

-m

Super Moderator
    maverick: You know, I've never seen a Brain Bag in green before -- it looks great that way. (I still maintain that luggage should be black, but my Brain Bag in blue, bought used, isn't too bad )

timothy

Volunteer Moderator
    that's the great thing about tom bihn bags - you can get them in black and be happy, and i can get them in a variety of other colors and also be happy

i just got a medium cafe bag in navy / cayenne which looks just beautiful! i'll get some pictures up soon!

-m

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    that's the great thing about tom bihn bags - you can get them in black and be happy, and i can get them in a variety of other colors and also be happy

i just got a medium cafe bag in navy / cayenne which looks just beautiful! i'll get some pictures up soon!

-m
    Oooohhh Navy/Cayenne!!! I'm waiting for the Large Cafe Bag in that combo!!!

another question to ask is whether sizing this such that it can fit in the small cafe bag is the right idea. maybe it can be sized a little bigger (so that it can hold a little more) and the smallest bag that it could fit in is the medium cafe bag.

-m
    I think this is a great idea. The horizontal Freudian slip won't fit in my Imago, so this would be right up my alley. I'm game!
    Imago in cocoa/cocoa/wasabi, Medium Cafe Bag in plum/wasabi, Swift in cork, steel stuff sack, steel pen/pencil pouch, plum clear organizer wallet, small cork pouch and steel/cork/wasabi Imago

another idea for the pockets is the layered approach - like in this picture of the brain bag:

-m
    Maverick that's a really great picture!

It shows how much the front pockets can really hold.

It would be great if it was added to the Brain Bag page in the virtual store.

I almost did not get my first Brain Bag because I was afraid those pockets would be of very little use.
    I was of course proven wrong, if I had not needed a big and very strong backpack right away I might have passed the Brain Bag up.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Maverick that's a really great picture!

It would be great if it was added to the Brain Bag page in the virtual store.
    actually, the picture *is* from the product page. credit goes to the great photographers at tom bihn!

-m

actually, the picture *is* from the product page. credit goes to the great photographers at tom bihn!

-m
    Oooops When was it put in? Really great picture

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0