keb

Question Empire Builder Color Scheme Question

Anyone have the Empire Builder or other bag in the Black/Steel/Wasabi color combo that is now available? Curious about the Wasabi interior. (Even though I am allergic to wasabi.) Was thinking about the B/B/Sapphire or the B/Crimson/Steel but the bright interior is kind of intriguing... Trying to have a professional look but not just plain old black and grey... Have a black brain cell already and the Crimson Western Flyer....

I have the Black/Steel/Wasabi and love the flash of color. Functionally it adds a lot of reflected light as well as provides a light background for finding things in the deeper reaches of the bag.

keb
    Cool. Thanks. I was always losing stuff in the bottom of my old Targus bag... May take the plunge...

Just ordered the ID on Black/Steel/Wasabi for the same reasons. Wanted something I could bring to a conference but with a bit of a flash of colour. I have a Cafe Bag in Olive/Wasabi and the lighter colour inside does make a different. I think the contrast with the black will be nice! Although I wish TB made it in Black/Steel/Crimson
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

keb
    That was kind of my debate. Have the WF in Crimson (my first of what looks to be too many TB purchases) and I love the color. That doesn't seem to be an internal available choice in the near future and I don't think that either the sapphire or the crimson offer the same enhanced internal visibility that the wasabi does, although most Mac accessories tend to be white or aluminum these days. That bright yellow-green against the black really does look pretty cool and I would imagine the crimson and sapphire would be a little muted without direct light, which really makes the crimson pop....

keb
    Just ordered the EB last night. Will update when it arrives early next week... Now I have to start saving for the TriStar...
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

keb

Received the EB

Just received the EB in Black/Steel/Wasabi. Very cool. What a great layout. Stands by itself empty and just isnt that bulky or heavy. Could see the bottom of the bag and the front pocket even in a room lit only by a computer screen. Looks like it will meet my needs perfectly and liberate my Western Flyer from briefcase duty! Can't wait to get it home and shove stuff into it....
    (A little bummed that no surprise wallet was hidden inside-- jealous of the rest of you-- although I do have a Jimi )... But at last, some rest for my own wallet until the Aeronaut-TriStar debate begins...
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Quote Originally Posted by keb View Post
    Just received the EB in Black/Steel/Wasabi. Very cool. What a great layout. Stands by itself empty and just isnt that bulky or heavy. Could see the bottom of the bag and the front pocket even in a room lit only by a computer screen. Looks like it will meet my needs perfectly and liberate my Western Flyer from briefcase duty! Can't wait to get it home and shove stuff into it....
    (A little bummed that no surprise wallet was hidden inside-- jealous of the rest of you-- although I do have a Jimi )... But at last, some rest for my own wallet until the Aeronaut-TriStar debate begins...
    I am too new to TB to know what a "Jimi" is and have tried to search for it but get nothing. I do see it every so often in posts. Do you have a photo?

Thanks!

keb

Thanks, Keb! It is cute! It doesn't hold enough for me personally. I'll stick with Tom's surprise wallet! Thank you for taking the time to post this!

Nana8

PS - You will LOVE your EB!

Keb, I recently underwent the same internal struggle: is the wasabi splash too much? After receiving my Empire Builder in black/steel/wasabi, I must say I couldn't be happier. Although I was worried about the wasabi color being a little too garish (at least by the view on my computer screen), in actuality it was a much muted color and very pleasing. Couldn't be happier. Looks extremely professional and sleek from the outside and a bit hip when you open it up.

keb
    totally agree. i love it.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0