Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Agreed; please also add more D ring spots in the bags, so we can have place to attach things. Do the lanyard come in color options?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    What colors would you suggest? I think bright blue and orange would be nice.

Each time our factory makes a batch of bags, they're adding more d-rings to them. The new knitting bag has four d-rings.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Darcy--

I'd like to see more D rings on the outside of items like cafe bags, Imago, etc. Sometimes I want to quickly clip my keys to the outside of my bag.

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Next question: how long should these lanyards be? I was thinking two sizes, like a medium and a long/large, 12" and 18" respectively. But that's just to start the discussion - what do y'all think?

We have samples of the lanyards ready to send out to you guys: PM me your address if you'd like to receive one. Quantities are limited!

Volunteer Moderator

How about a 9" lanyard?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bihn View Post
    Next question: how long should these lanyards be? I was thinking two sizes, like a medium and a long/large, 12" and 18" respectively. But that's just to start the discussion - what do y'all think?
    I was thinking that a 9" length might do for the medium size. I'd like to use these as another option with my LUX bag -- and incidentally, it would be great if you could add D-rings to the sides of the regular LUX bag the way that you do for the new knitting bag prototype versions.

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)

Test Lanyards

For all of you that have been testing our lanyards I have some questions:
    How do you find the little snaphook thing at the end of the lanyard? Does it stay hooked when you need it to? Is it reasonably easy to unhook? And how about the cord: is it fuzzing out or otherwise showing signs of use?

How do you find the little snaphook thing at the end of the lanyard? Does it stay hooked when you need it to? Is it reasonably easy to unhook? And how about the cord: is it fuzzing out or otherwise showing signs of use?
    Is there any feedback on the lanyards yet? Oh, and when will they be avaliable?
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    Oh, and when will they be avaliable?
    They'll be available as soon as we get an answer to Tom's question from the testers. :)

Volunteer Moderator
    I've only recently started using the lanyard regularly, but it has not fuzzed up yet. The snaphook... it seems a bit awkward for me to use, both hooking and unhooking. I linked it with a Tom Bihn keystrap and forgot about it. Can someone teach me how it's supposed to work?

Volunteer Moderator
    I agree with Just that hooking the snaphook to the pouches (and unhooking it again) is slightly awkward. You can do it two ways: by clipping the latch end of the pouch (or keystrap extender) onto to the hook (the same way you'd connect onto a closed D-ring), or by slipping the thinner flat end of the pouch or key strap extender under the small gap in the snaphook. While this hasn't come off, I'm wondering whether the thin, flat part of the clip on the pouches might get caught in the small gap in the snaphook and get stressed. This might happen if the pouch were sitting inside a front pocket of the Imago or other bag instead of dangling from a D-ring. You can pull the clip of the pouch out through the small gap in the snaphook, but only with the thin blade of the clip passing through the gap. (That's the orientation I'd get for the normal way I'd clip onto the snaphook, though).

I haven't had any problems with fuzzing out.

Hmm. I have a small pouch hooked to my car keys via one of those around the neck type things that are made for building ID cards.

My point is that a long lanyard, of the more like 18" variety, might enable one to drive with the keys still hooked to the cafe bag.

Also, why do you need a hook for a lanyard?

With the original one the customer showed, it looked like a closed loop threaded through the D ring and then through itself. If you just wanted one length, instead of a double length, put a loop or a ring on the end. The pouches have hooks on them. How about a soft loop on one end and a ring on the other? Thread the loop through the ring on the bag and then over the rest of the lanyard. Then use the ring to attach any number of hooks from pouches. Or a big ring and a smaller ring that fits through it.

Seems to me these would be less likely to break than the hook.

Volunteer Moderator

More on lanyards

Quote Originally Posted by wildgeese View Post
    Also, why do you need a hook for a lanyard?

With the original one the customer showed, it looked like a closed loop threaded through the D ring and then through itself. If you just wanted one length, instead of a double length, put a loop or a ring on the end. The pouches have hooks on them. How about a soft loop on one end and a ring on the other? Thread the loop through the ring on the bag and then over the rest of the lanyard. Then use the ring to attach any number of hooks from pouches. Or a big ring and a smaller ring that fits through it.

Seems to me these would be less likely to break than the hook.
    I don't think the lanyard snaphook is likely to break -- I'm more worried about the thin part of the hook-on attachment to the pouches. Granted, I don't unhook these from the lanyards very often. The pouch clips work well with the D-rings. The lanyard snaphooks seem optimally designed for threading the lanyard cords through, or maybe attaching to some other hook. It's just my feeling that they're a bit small and curved for the pouch clips. I'd like to hear from someone else on this, though.

On the issue of length, I've found the longer lanyard surprisingly convenient.

Materials idea:

something with a reflective element, like the cord I got with my camping clothesline.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0