Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By ncb4
  • 1 Post By Holly
  • 1 Post By ncb4
  • 2 Post By Poker Face

Thread: Side-by-side comparison of Verde and Olive

Side-by-side comparison of Verde and Olive

I apologize in advance for the quality of these photos. Itís not my iPhone 6ís fault; the camera on this phone is amazing. But because Iím in a non-weight-bearing leg cast for four weeks, I canít safely stand up long enough to get a decent angle for a photo.

But a few weeks ago I promised that I would take some side-by-side photos of Olive and Verde when my Verde/UV Side Effect arrived. Which it did a few days agoósuch a nice gift during my recovery.

After taking a lot of shots, Iíve decided that Verde is yet another tricky TB color to capture accurately on camera. There is a definite but subtle difference between the two. @GoStanford poetically compared Verde to the color of mint sauce that has slightly oxidized overnight, and I think that is probably the best description ever.

To me, Olive is a slightly faded shade of green with a significant amount of yellow in it. Verde, by contrast, is a brighter, richer, more vibrant green that without being blue at all, is more to the blue end of the blue/yellow color spectrum. However, Verde is nothing like Forest or Conifer, not at all.

Like all TB colors, both Olive and Verde seem to change personalities depending on the ambient light. The photos I took outside in the bright autumn sunshine make the Olive OP and the Verde SE look almost the same shade of green. [The keystrap draped across the Verde SE is Olive. And note how well both greens pair with the burnt orange of the pumpkin and the plum of my oh-so-becoming purple sweatpants.]

1. Outside with enormous pumpkin [top Verde SE with Olive keystrap; bottom Olive OP]

Name:  Pumpkin2.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  120.2 KB

2. Outside on purple pants [top Olive OP; bottom Verde SE]

Name:  CloseUp2.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  138.9 KB

It wasnít until I brought the two bags indoors and took photos by the light of my 75W incandescent bedside lamp that the subtle difference in the two colors showed up.

3. Best photo of color difference, shot indoors. As I said, the difference in hue is really subtle, but it's there.

Name:  BestOlive2.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  124.8 KB

Again, Iím sorry that these arenít better photos, but I hope they help folks make up their minds about Verde bags. I was never a big Olive fan, but I do like Verde a lot. It will mix and match well with my Aubergine, Plum, and Burnt Orange bags.

~Nancy

Thanks for these. Is there some way to know which items are available in a certain color rather than doing many individual searches? I'd love to know the range of all the current items available in Verde. Sorry if this has already been handled in another thread... Thanks!
    ncb4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Thanks for these. Is there some way to know which items are available in a certain color rather than doing many individual searches? I'd love to know the range of all the current items available in Verde. Sorry if this has already been handled in another thread... Thanks!
    I don't think there is a way, @Holly, although I would love that capability as well.
    Holly likes this.

Hi guys,
    I got a Verde SE a couple of days ago, and I compared it with my olive parapack SE. It's the same color, the shine is just different.
    It's a very nice color and I like very much!
    Poker Face
    ncb4 and chartiers like this.
    Big fan of Nordic dyneema (aeronaut, PCSB, PCBP, TT, LSB, SSB, SE, SCB, MCB, co-pilot, synapse 19). OK, so where am I going to put all that stuff...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0