• 2 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By Brianna
  • 1 Post By nukediver
  • 1 Post By mreh
  • 2 Post By moriond

Thread: Synapse 25 in Black Dyneema/Iberian

Synapse 25 in Black Dyneema/Iberian

Hi Everyone,

Here are pics of my S25 that I recently got for my birthday. From me to me. Loved the birthday cake art on my box! Hope these pics help, as I had a harder time finding pics of the black dyneema/iberian color combo for the S25 when I was trying to make my color decision.

Name:  IMG_0870.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  876.5 KBName:  IMG_0872.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  660.3 KB

Here are two more - I didn't intend for my rMBP to match my S25! Funny how that worked out. Also, here's a pic of the SE attached inside the S25, an idea I found through this forum.
    Name:  IMG_0891.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  763.9 KBName:  IMG_0888.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  689.0 KB

Here are the last 2 pics - I tried to contrast the steel dyneema of the organizer wallet to the S25's black dyneema.
    Name:  IMG_0883.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  719.0 KBName:  IMG_0900.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  888.9 KB

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Awesome photos, imagineez, and this is your second post no less. Excited to see what you share next!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Ahhhh god that is so gorgeous. Black dyneema / iberian needs more love.

Oooooh! Pretty! And Happy Birthday to you! I just ordered myself a Synapse 19 in Olive/Ultraviolet for my birthday. Because I dont have that color yet. Don't judge me.

Happy Birthday! :) A very lovely looking bag. What is in the pocket pouch in the first photo? A phone?

Thanks all for the birthday wishes! Glad you guys like the photos!

I love my S25 and it feels very intuitive to use and an extension of me. I am sadly retiring my Smart Alec (Steel dyneema/Wasabi), BUT soon will be adding a Brain Bag (still deciding on color!) because I think it's going to meet the cavernous functions of the SA plus the organizing capabilities of the S25. Best of both worlds!

@mreh, I have various cards in the pocket pouch (in the photo, my REI member card is at the front).
    My phone (iPhone 6 Plus) fits nicely in the same pocket as the pocket pouch (the central lower pocket). For anyone with larger smart phones like phablets, it does not fit in the right side pocket's suede-lined phone pocket - it ends up sitting too high and protruding out to adequately zipper up the side pocket. FYI

Volunteer Moderator
    Great pictures, @imagineez. I'd like to think that there's a great TB bag waiting for each one of us, and that you and your Black Dyneema/Iberian S25 "found each other" on your birthday. Can I ask about the accessories in your pictures? What color is the lining of your Cardinal Pocket Pouch, and did you get that recently or last year? Is that a tall Iberian Yarn Stuff Sack in the first picture that you are using in your water bottle pocket (and around your Kleen Kanteen)? In the second picture, are the 2 Mini Pouches Indigo and Conifer next to the Small Padded Pouch, Navy Q-Kit, and Steel Dyneema Clear Organizer Wallet (seen from the back) attached to a UV Dyneema 16" Keystrap? (If the texture is the same as the Conifer pouch, it's Indigo; if it is smoother, it's Sapphire. It looks to me like 1000d Cordura texture, but it's possibly Sapphire from the color tones.)

Is that a Steel 400d Dyneema/Steel Side Effect attached to the Double Carabiner clips in the 4th picture? (or is the interior Solar)?

You're correct that there aren't too many pictures showing Black Dyneema Synapses with Iberian linings (although @Badger ordered this combination as soon as it became available last year). Some other nice pictures of Black Dyneema/Iberian Synapses have been posted by @jppreston in his 3 Month Trip with My Synapse 25 thread, and earlier in his Synapse 25 Black Dyneema / Iberian -- Que Hermosa!! He's been using this bag for his Round the World with a Synapse 25. But he doesn't have the same nice shots with the accessories layout and Side Effect, Cache, etc. displayed that you show here.

Thanks again for posting these.

moriond
    Darcy and WenV like this.

Thanks, @moriond. It's nice when bag and human make deep connections. :-)

Here are my replies to your questions:

"Can I ask about the accessories in your pictures? What color is the lining of your Cardinal Pocket Pouch, and did you get that recently or last year?"
    The lining is steel dyneema, and I got it around June/July 2013 when I had purchased my Smart Alec.

"Is that a tall Iberian Yarn Stuff Sack in the first picture that you are using in your water bottle pocket (and around your Kleen Kanteen)?"
    It is a Size 4 Travel Stuff Sack.

"In the second picture, are the 2 Mini Pouches Indigo and Conifer next to the Small Padded Pouch, Navy Q-Kit, and Steel Dyneema Clear Organizer Wallet (seen from the back) attached to a UV Dyneema 16" Keystrap? (If the texture is the same as the Conifer pouch, it's Indigo; if it is smoother, it's Sapphire. It looks to me like 1000d Cordura texture, but it's possibly Sapphire from the color tones.)"
    Yes, they are Indigo and Conifer. I felt the material of both of them, and they have the same texture and that Cordura feel to them. And yes you're correct, it is the small padded organizer pouch, Navy Q-kit (which is awesome; I want another one!), and the Steel Dyneema Organizer wallet, which is attached to the UV Dyneema 16" keystrap.

"Is that a Steel 400d Dyneema/Steel Side Effect attached to the Double Carabiner clips in the 4th picture? (or is the interior Solar)?"
    It is the 400d Black Dyneema Side Effect with Wasabi lining, using the Double Carabiner clips.

I saw the Que Hermosa thread and those pics, but those were the only ones I could find when I was searching for black dyneema/iberian pics of S25. I just went to that "traveling around the world" thread you linked, and it was great to read - I'm also a fan of Icebreaker and have their clothing, which is great for traveling! Thanks for posting those links, moriond.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0