Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Thank you Tom Bihn!

Thank you Tom Bihn!

I dont know if this is the right place to post it...but I just wanted to say that Tom Bihn bags are life savers.
    My daughter had a riding accident and I had to pack stuff for the hospital really quickly and without much thinking. It was also my Aeronaut 45 s maiden voyage (I wanted a happier occasion for this).
    I got the Aeronaut out and stuffed it with all kind of things I would need..clothes for me and my daughter (she needed surgery on her leg, so I knew I had to stay about a week with her), toiletries, night stuff, favourite pillow pet for her, hair dryer etc...I stuffed it all in in a hurry and also some packing cubes for later...when I thought it was full it would still take more stuff...I kept saying to myself :I love you Tom Bihn!
    Then I grabbed the travel tray and my Synapse as well and off we went.

Back settled in hospital I had time to repack and use packing cubes and it was so tidy and organised! Never a rummaging around for trying to find things. But the best thing EVER was the travel tray!!!! I never even imagined that it could be so practical and essential...all the little things that are easy to be left behind were in the tray and I could even use it as a quick bag for money and phone to go to scans etc with her..(forgot my SE for that) it was so easy to just tighten the drawstring and pack it away for departure.
    The Aeronaut also made a great prop up pillow for me to be able to sit in my bed and read during the day.
    It made a stressful and exhausting time really easy. This is really the first time I SERIOUSLY understood what a great investment these bags are.Gone are the times that I carried 5 bursting plastic shopping bags for occasions like that (and I saw so many of these in hospital).
    Thank you Tom Bihn!!!!
    PS. Daughter is all good now...got some metal screws to put things together again and she already thinks of jumping on a horse again...

Name:  20140923_092353_resized.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  539.7 KB

Volunteer Moderator
    @vivelly, so sorry to hear about your daughter's riding accident. Glad to learn that things are going well now, and less stressful. Wishing her a rapid and complete recovery, and all good things for both of you!

moriond

Thanks Moriond. :) I took some more pictures, but I am still trying to figure out how to make them smaller to be able to download here.
    I will never ever use any other bags than TB again...ever!
    haraya likes this.

Speedy recovery to your daughter!

It is nice that, in NZ, you can spend time with her at the hospital.

Thanks for taking the time to share TB bags awesomeness.

Name:  xxxx.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  689.2 KB
    Name:  xxxxxxx.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  372.8 KB

some more pictures. :)

Thanks backpack...this was my first overnight experience in a NZ hospital and I was very impressed. Its a childs right to have a family member with them at all times and they supply you with a bed and meals and free parking. My usually very stroppy teenager (12 years) who thinks its not cool to have mum hanging around was all of a sudden a baby again...and very clingy..:)
    They even have staff there trained to explain all medical procedures to kids...to make it less scary for them and to make sure they understand whats happening. Really nice.

Wishing a speedy recovery to your daughter's leg and to your frazzled nerves, vivelly!

Volunteer Moderator
    I think @Trailhiker emails himself pictures from his camera, which is one way to cut down the size of the image before you post. The Tapatalk forum app lets you choose different sizes of pictures if you're uploading form a smartphone or tablet.

Thanks for taking time to share pictures.
    vivelly likes this.

Yes - hope your daughter has a quick recovery and is back on her feet again soon!

Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by tpnl; 09-27-2014 at 12:37 AM.
    vivelly likes this.
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Metal screws? Oh gosh, that sounds terrible. My thoughts are with you all for a speedy and uneventful recovery.
    vivelly likes this.

So happy to hear that your daughter is doing much better from the accident. And a nice side effect of some closeness with your daughter and having your TB bags making things go much smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    vivelly likes this.

@vivelly, I'm so glad that your daughter is on the mend, and I hope you are, too, after such a frightening and stressful experience. The hospital and staff sound wonderful, which helped—and of course, so did your awesome Tom Bihn bags. You've almost convinced me to order a Travel Tray, which I admit I've never quite seen how I would use.

Take care of yourself, too: I'm sure you didn't do much of that while in hospital, focusing completely on your daughter. But you need to be rested and cared for, too!

~Nancy

Thank you all for your kind words.Had a couple of good night sleep now and am feeling less spaced out. :) ncb4..do get a travel tray! They are just so handy. Really perfect for all the little things that go easily astray in a hotel etc.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    @vivelly, I'm so glad that your daughter is on the mend, and I hope you are, too, after such a frightening and stressful experience. The hospital and staff sound wonderful, which helped—and of course, so did your awesome Tom Bihn bags. You've almost convinced me to order a Travel Tray, which I admit I've never quite seen how I would use.
    Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    Thank you all for your kind words.Had a couple of good night sleep now and am feeling less spaced out. :) ncb4..do get a travel tray! They are just so handy. Really perfect for all the little things that go easily astray in a hotel etc.
    Nancy, To add to @vivelly's comments, you might want to take a look at @Badger's innovative use of the Travel tray with the TLSS for A45 in the thread: The Travel Laundry Stuff Sack as ultralight overnight bag

Oh vivelly! How scary. Glad your daughter is all right, and that your TB bags helped make the experience a little less stressful for you. BEst wishes for your daughter's continued, and smooth, recovery!
    vivelly likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0