Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Coy-o-te & Coy-ote

Quote Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
    It definitely has some gold tones. One of the first things I did was toss a few iberian goodies on top and I instantly thought of the NFL's 49ers early 90's uniforms. I think their gold is a few shades lighter than the bag but it's in the same family - especially in motion when the light bounces around the ballistic. In fact it's probably closer to this depiction of the Packers' throwback pants.

I was thinking the exact same thing about the 49ers and Packers throw back jersey! I committed the ultimate football sin. I grew up a diehard 49ers fan in the 70s-80s but forgot about football when I started grad school in the early 90s. When I moved back to WI to a partner who is a die hard Packers fan, I ended up converting.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    OOHH! pics PLEASE. i have my eye on a medium road duffle...
    Teaser images, more later today:

Filled Skookum Medium Duffle with window sticker

Name:  SkookumDog.jpeg
Views: 265
Size:  941.8 KB

Full S19 inside main compartment
    Empty SCB in front of S19
    Small Skookum interior pockets in main compartment are empty in this shot
    Left pocket has mens size 8 Salomon low-cut hiking boots
    Soft clothing in right pocket

Name:  SkookumDog2.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  477.0 KB

2 pair size 42 Fivefingers in end pocket

Name:  SkookumEndpocket.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  526.9 KB

1 pair 5 Fingers in the lid pocket. Nordic = loaded Co-pilot in main compartment. More later.

Name:  SkookumLid.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  856.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
    Teaser images, more later today:

Filled Skookum Medium Duffle with window sticker

Full S19 inside main compartment
    Empty SCB in front of S19
    Small Skookum interior pockets in main compartment are empty in this shot
    Left pocket has mens size 8 Salomon low-cut hiking boots
    Soft clothing in right pocket

Name:  SkookumDog2.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  477.0 KB
    Looks great! I love the look of Coyote in these pictures. Under what kind of lighting conditions was this? It looks the way I think I want Coyote to look (but doesn't always depending on the lighting).

I also like the tone on tone Coyote accents; Coyote webbing, Coyote zipper tracks, It's less stark of a contrast to a Coyote bag with black trim/accents like I have on my NFTD.

I am liking the pairing of a Coyote (with black accents) NFTD with a Black (with Coyote accents) Founder's Briefcase though. They seem to work since they are the reverse patterns of each other. That was my long weekend kit this past weekend going up to visit my parents with the NFTD being my small weekender, and the FB had my work laptop in it (and a Daylight folded up in case I thought I needed another bag).
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Looks great! I love the look of Coyote in these pictures. Under what kind of lighting conditions was this? It looks the way I think I want Coyote to look (but doesn't always depending on the lighting).

I also like the tone on tone Coyote accents; Coyote webbing, Coyote zipper tracks, It's less stark of a contrast to a Coyote bag with black trim/accents like I have on my NFTD.

I am liking the pairing of a Coyote (with black accents) NFTD with a Black (with Coyote accents) Founder's Briefcase though. They seem to work since they are the reverse patterns of each other. That was my long weekend kit this past weekend going up to visit my parents with the NFTD being my small weekender, and the FB had my work laptop in it (and a Daylight folded up in case I thought I needed another bag).
    4 ft shop light with fluorescent bulbs.. one warm spectrum bulb, one cool.

I prefer matching zips and web too. To my eyes, the coyote color is not really mustard or even gold that I've seen in some images. Brown-ish with gold tones, I guess. Someone posted a bowl of brown sugar next to a coyote bag and I think it's a fair representation of the color. I am pleased it is not the gold color of those football pants that were posted!

@Dandelion Thanks for sharing the pics! I too really like the coyote accents - especially the zippers. Coyote zipper teeth and the gunmetal pulls looks very sleek IMO
    Synapse25 | Pilot | Aeronaut 45 | CoPilot | Large DOP | SideEffect | 3D Organizer Cubes | Q-Kit | #1 & #2 Stuff Sacks

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
    @Dandelion Thanks for sharing the pics! I too really like the coyote accents - especially the zippers. Coyote zipper teeth and the gunmetal pulls looks very sleek IMO
    @Ineffable If you like Coyote accents, check out the line of Organizer Pouches at Skookum Dog. I like the Coyote Organizer Pouches with the mesh option, and carry the Mini pouch from Tom Bihn that was issued before the Skookum Dog site went up. This holds Double Carabiner Clips and a few other such accessories in my Side Effect front zippered pocket. But you can get the Coyote mesh in Small and Medium size Coyote Ballistic Nylon pouches, too, from Skookum Dog, and I like the lighter coloring in the mesh. As you can see from @Dandelion's photos, Coyote looks good against Black 400d Dyneema.

moriond

great pics! looks like a bag to be reckoned with!

Thanks for the new nest~

Name:  SkookumDogKitty.jpeg
Views: 221
Size:  631.5 KB

Interior pockets - 10 oz round container in one, 2 small organizer pouches in the other. Full Co-Pilot in main compartment and size 8 Salomon low cut boots in the end pocket.
    Name:  SkookumDogInteriorPockets1.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  485.2 KB

One folded 5 Fingers shoe fits in a pocket and one thick sock folded twice plus a thinner pair also fit.

Name:  SkookumDogInteriorPockets2.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  620.5 KB

Empty WF on top of loaded Skookum Dogum
    Name:  SkookumDogWF.jpeg
Views: 220
Size:  964.8 KB

Two pair of 5 fingers in outer pocket cuts into space of next pocket and interior pockets inside main compartment can intrude into that space also. Just depends on how you want to pack.

Name:  SkookumDogBellows.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  648.3 KB

More on the way~~

Hands-free and fully loaded using handles as shoulder straps. I'm 5' 1" and that's a shadow under my armpit not sweat. :P

Name:  SkookumDogBackPack.jpeg
Views: 216
Size:  83.8 KB

4 Webbing attachments on the bottom and included straps.
    Name:  SkookumDogBottom.jpeg
Views: 212
Size:  949.1 KB

Loaded CP, down jacket and 8" stuff sack with room to spare on top of them. Interior pockets empty and end pockets loaded.
    Name:  SkookumDogCP.jpeg
Views: 210
Size:  731.8 KB

Loaded CP, empty SCB, Skooooookum key strap, interior pockets full of items mentioned upthread, Salomon boots on the left, nothing in right pocket and lid pocket is empty.
    Name:  SkookumDogCP2.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  478.9 KB

Additional shoulder strap attachments on side of duffle.

Name:  SkookumDogSide.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  431.9 KB

Fully loaded with one pair of FiveFingers in the lid pocket. It's still fairly flat, not bulging anywhere and this is how I am wearing it in the first image.
    Name:  SkookumDogStuffedLid.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  471.9 KB

The very outer mesh pocket fits this organizer with ease.
    Name:  SkookumDogMeshPocket.jpeg
Views: 219
Size:  525.3 KB

Since Solar is not returning anymore (or ever so soon), I decided to skip Smart Alec and go for the best value Backpack - Brain Bag despite its without Solarness.

I saw the Coyote option available. I wonder how it difference with Ballistic? Would there be similar shine for Cordura? Any one here may own Coyote Cordura and have your perspective include photos?

Thanks,
    Last edited by weirdguy; 11-11-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistake
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Like New: Solar SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0