Like Tree38Likes
  • 23 Post By Janine
  • 7 Post By itsablur
  • 1 Post By Janine
  • 5 Post By chrome64
  • 2 Post By ncb4

Thread: Look who came to work with me today!

Look who came to work with me today!

Name:  14856246917_f297400515_z.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  99.8 KB

Yes...ANOTHER Daylight.

I totally got over my case of Night Fever, but I think I'm going to be fighting Daylight Fever for a long, long time. The Daylight is what I wanted the S19 to be: a throw-anything-in-it, no-nonsense day pack.

Today I carried:

My LL Bean lunch box, my Side Effect PLO, Diaper Charmer (now transitioning to Undies Charmer as Son #2 completes his potty training - see the cute elephants?!), a large Specter sack with me-sized undies/t-shirt/socks, and my water bottle. Daylight was full but everything fit. I could have squished a little more in there, or moved the lunch box to my bike rack.

The Daylight rode the first 3 miles of my commute in the trailer behind my sulky, fussy kids. (They perked up when we stopped at the overpass and looked down on the train tracks. Who wouldn't?) When I dropped the kids off at school, I left the trailer for Mr. Janine to use at pickup time and I rode the last 2 miles with the Daylight on my back.

I. Love. This. Pack. I wanted a dull one that I could wear without calling attention to myself (thank you, @badger for the gift of steely goodness!) and a bright one that I could wear for visibility, especially on my bike. I just traded my BO S19 for this SO DLBP and I couldn't be happier. Burnt Orange is vivid without being fluorescent and it makes me think of falling leaves and pumpkin pie and hot cider and crisp autumn air. These are good things to think about as I slog through the late summer humidity, which is already horrible at 7:30 am!

Yes, I want another. And another. And another. I'm thinking of setting up an orphanage for unloved Daylight Backpacks in my closet. I promise to love them and cherish them and use them all!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Yes, I want another. And another. And another. I'm thinking of setting up an orphanage for unloved Daylight Backpacks in my closet. I promise to love them and cherish them and use them all!
    Do such sad things exist??
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Do such sad things exist??
    They are few and far between. I can't believe I suckered someone into giving up her BO one!
    ncb4 likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Yes...ANOTHER Daylight.

I'm thinking of setting up an orphanage for unloved Daylight Backpacks in my closet. !
    Best trade ever!! I just couldn't get behind the DLBP and I love the Burnt Orange S19 sooooooo much!!
    Last edited by chrome64; 08-27-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Although my Burnt Orange Daylight is always happy to see that one of its brethren [or sistren?] has at last found its forever home with the wonderful and amazing @Janine, my Daylight still wants to say, "Hey, now just you wait one pea-pickin' minute. @ncb4 is also more than happy to run an orphanage for under-loved Daylights, especially those in Plum or Bleu Franšais." Though I really doubt than any such sad creatures exist.

So where's the TP and the watermelon? Seedless ones were on sale at my local grocery for $3.98 per lb today!

~Nancy

PS: Congratulations on your your new Burnt Orange S19, @chrome64. It's such a gorgeous color, and perfect for fall: which will hopefully be here soon.