Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: French Blue and Aubergine

French Blue and Aubergine

As I promissed ncb4 here: Daylight backpack questions I took some pictures of FrenshBlue next to Aubergine BUT I have to confess I cant do the French Blue justice. In real live it is more muted than on the pictures. I had asked for a pouch in French Blue prior to ordering any bag in that color, because I wanted to see the color in person. And I was supriced how muted it was (and was happy about that, because I did not want a too bright a color or any "babyblue"). So this is just an attemped and not a really good one, sorry:

Name:  Aubergine - FrenchBlue 1.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  475.3 KB

Name:  Aubergine - FrenchBlue  3.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  491.5 KB

Name:  Aubergine - FrenchBlue 2.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  661.0 KB

Name:  Aubergine - FrenchBlue 4.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  587.1 KB

As for the bags: Co-Pilot, Little Swift, Daylight Backpack, Small Cafe Bag and Night Flight Duffel Bag. The pouch is a large Double Organizer Pouch.
    I know most people can SEE that, but some might want to know anyway ;-)

Ilkyway

PS: Maybee someone with better pictures might chip in here?

@Ilkyway, I cannot thank you enough! These photos are wonderful, and they really help me make my decision. I understand your difficulty capturing French Blue; we all seemed to have the same trouble with Indigo. But I think you've done an amazing job.

Vielen Dank,

Nancy

Those two colors are beautiful together!

I think so too nukediver, and I am happy about the French Blue just because of that. I did not want the navy cordura because it is as dark as most of my waredrobe. But I needed a blue to go with my Aubergine. And the French blue is a good choice. Now I mix and match thous bags whenever needed/wanted. For example the French Blue Daylighter with an Aubergine SE. Or my Aubergine Smart Alec with a French Blue Small Cafe Bag. Because when I wear a Backpack I need a something small for quick access.

Ilkyway
    backpack and ncb4 like this.

Everyone needs to stop posting pictures of French Blue…my resolve is cracking *sobs*

Well jess, than I wound add, that the color is much more beautifully in real live. It has kind of layers: it has quite a shine to it, so if the light gets cought it nearly shines but it is very deep too for lite blue. So it is kind of cheerfuller but grown up (enough for me anyway) at once.

Ilkyway
    jess and Pokilani like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Everyone needs to stop posting pictures of French Blue…my resolve is cracking *sobs*
    I think you can afford to be strong! I don't think French Blue is going away anytime soon...

ETA- oh, and yeah, it's a great colour in real life. I think @Ilkyway's photos are almost there for colour fidelity, but I would say that it's a bit darker and more saturated. It's kind of the colour of this Converse hi-top. Or like this eyeshadow. Just slightly darker. And I'm really enjoying my FB/Steel MCB.
    Last edited by adalangdon; 08-24-2014 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    I feel your pain, @jess; I think my resolve has just about completely eroded at this point. @Ilkyway's gorgeous photos were my undoing. ;-)

Gorgeous photos, Ilkyway!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Wow, they are gorgeous! Great pics!

So out of curiosity does the SCB fit into the main section of the Night Flight? I'm taking a flight where I plan to have the Night Flight as my personal item with the SCB in the main section for my purse.

Aeronaut 45 & Night Flight TD - Aubergine / Wasabi
    Go Tigers!
    T1D

Quote Originally Posted by jalegg View Post
    So out of curiosity does the SCB fit into the main section of the Night Flight? I'm taking a flight where I plan to have the Night Flight as my personal item with the SCB in the main section for my purse.
    I don't have a SCB to test for sure but I suspect that it would take up quite a bit of room in the main compartment if empty, and likely wouldn't fit well at all if it was full of stuff. The main issue is that the interior of the NFTD is squarish, and the cafe bag lineup is a bit more rectangular. You would probably have to smash the SCB in there and might not have much room in the main compartment for anything else.

Since the NFTD is so easy access, it might obviate the need for a purse in flight, especially if you're already organizing your purse stuff into pouches. You could stick the SCB into your carry on and then transfer your purse items when you reach your destination.

Hopefully someone with both bags will be able to test for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jalegg View Post
    Would the SCB be packed full of stuff, or empty waiting to be filled at your destination?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Would the SCB be packed full of stuff, or empty waiting to be filled at your destination?
    Probably slightly packed (wallet, skittles, cell phone, pens) but not stuffed full by any means.

Aeronaut 45 & Night Flight TD - Aubergine / Wasabi
    Go Tigers!
    T1D

Alas, @badger called it. Not a very good fit:

Name:  14849105157_6843634d9e_z.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  92.8 KB

You have to fold the top quarter/third of the SCB over to get it to lay flat in the main compartment of the NF.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0