Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: The Travel Laundry Stuff Sack as ultralight overnight bag

The Travel Laundry Stuff Sack as ultralight overnight bag

Step one: throw toiletries into Travel Tray[1].
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408563682.718240.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  393.0 KB
    Step two: roll up a change of clothes[2].
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408563732.517915.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  293.5 KB
    Like this:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408563766.268666.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  369.8 KB
    Step three: stuff each into opposite ends of the Travel Laundry Stuff Sack.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408563836.468121.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  421.8 KB
    Step four: have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do.[3]
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408563887.968181.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  366.8 KB

Notes:
    1. The Travel Tray can be replaced with a 3D Organizer Cube, another Stuff Sack, or a plastic bag, for that matter; the Travel Tray was employed to demonstrate how perfectly it fits in the TLSS.
    2. Clothes are a short-sleeved T-shirt, a long-sleeved pullover, some chonies, and a pair of socks. There was room for more.
    3. Actually, it's a free country. Go nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What? No key straps to attach to the cinch straps to make a bag strap?

Not necessary. The cinch strap provides a handle and the thing really isn't that heavy.

But can you fit your hooch in there?

Looks like there's plenty of room left for a drop or two. Maybe even a flask full. :)
    Janine likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Two Sapporo tall boys, easy. Maybe three if you left out one shirt. We must prioritize, after all. 🍺🍺🍺

I've got a 2 day/2 night trip coming up. Upon seeing your demo Badger, I may give my TLSS another try.

I don't see any watermelons.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

The Travel Laundry Stuff Sack as ultralight overnight bag

So about melons. Wtf is up, Trader Joes, with your weird "Tuscan melons" that are gross and hard and flavorless? And, apropos of nothing, earth to Whole Foods: those "travel" tubes of Toms of Maine toothpaste you insist on selling are THREE FRICKIN OUNCES. That's like 2 months worth of toothpaste. I don't know what sorts of trips YOU'RE going on, Whole Foods, but some of us want the little .9 ounce tubes so that we can be just a tad lighter on our feet as we drag ourselves to yet another team-building death-march...

To answer your question Janine, I'm not sure even a personal size watermelon would fit. Grapefruit, yes. Pomelo, maaayyybe. Watermelon? I am doubtful.

This is a good idea.

You can even expand the idea to become a bachelor/bachelorette bag or an emergency bag to be filed with a change of clothes, toiletries, or anything else you might need should you find yourself, unexpectedly, away from home. Causes could be earthquake, snowstorms, getting lucky etc.

It could be kept in your car.
    Last edited by Frank II; 08-21-2014 at 01:46 PM.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    Causes could be earthquake, snowstorms, getting lucky etc.
    This is why I love you, @Frank II. Everyone was thinking "...getting lucky..." but you are the straight-talker who put it down for all to see.

You didn't fool anyone with that "Ultralight Overnight" business, @badger!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Love this! Is this the larger of the two sizes?

Maybe we should ask the Japanese if they could grow TLSS shaped watermelons. I can see a market for these. ;-)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippiann View Post
    Love this! Is this the larger of the two sizes?
    @Kippiann This has to be the larger of the two TLSS sizes to fit the Travel tray inside. For the record, there has been substantial interest in the Ravelry forums about using the A45 size TLSS as a large project bag. It fits (a bit snugly) into the bottom of a Swift. The A30 size TLSS that I have will fit into a PCSB (pretty stuffed) or anywhere that will fit. See the pictures towards the end of the Laundry stuff sacks are here thread. The diameter of the A30 size TLSS is about the same as a yarn stuff sack (a little over 6.25" I think -- see ruler in picture). The Travel Tray has an 8" diameter, I believe.

HTH moriond

ETA: Here's another way of looking at the volumes (copied from the discussions at Ravelry). The A45 (larger size TLSS) has nearly twice the volume of the A30 TLSS. That 9 liters is nearly the size of a Co-Pilot (10 liters). The A30 TLSS has about the same capacity at the Size 4 Travel Stuff Sack (mentioned in my pictures and posts in the linked thread), but the shape works better to carry it in bags like the Tri-Star, Pilot, A30 end-pocket, PCSB, etc.

A30 TLSS-5 liters
    A45 TLSS-9 liters
    tall YSS - 6 liters
    #4 TSS - 5 liters
    Last edited by moriond; 08-21-2014 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    To answer your question Janine, I'm not sure even a personal size watermelon would fit. Grapefruit, yes. Pomelo, maaayyybe. Watermelon? I am doubtful.
    Hmm. My notion of "personal size watermelon" may differ from that of everyone else. The one I used for the DLBP and NF photos was, in my opinion, "self plus friend."
    Ilkyway likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0