Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: The Travel Laundry Stuff Sack as ultralight overnight bag

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Hmm. My notion of "personal size watermelon" may differ from that of everyone else. The one I used for the DLBP and NF photos was, in my opinion, "self plus friend."
    Maybe we should move on to personal sized cantaloupes? They're larger than pomelos and might fit in nicely with the burnt orange theme.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    This is a good idea.

You can even expand the idea to become a bachelor/bachelorette bag or an emergency bag to be filed with a change of clothes, toiletries, or anything else you might need should you find yourself, unexpectedly, away from home. Causes could be earthquake, snowstorms, getting lucky etc.

It could be kept in your car.
    This is why I love you, @Frank II. Everyone was thinking "...getting lucky..." but you are the straight-talker who put it down for all to see.

You didn't fool anyone with that "Ultralight Overnight" business, @badger!
    This is exactly what I was thinking about, actually. Let me elaborate: In France, smallish bags that can hold a change of clothes are known as a "baise-en-ville," literally translated as an "F in town." The thinking is if you are in town and you get lucky, you have what you need so you don't need to go home, presumably to your picturesque village that is, unfortunately, located far enough out of town to be inconvenient. I love this colloquialism so much and I am delighted to be talking about it with friends and strangers on the internet.

ANYWAY. Many TB bags can serve such a function. I've packed more or less the same contents into a Medium Cafe Bag and a Co-Pilot, for example. All in all, the MCB is probably the least weird looking since it actually is a bag and not a stuff sack, but I think the TLSS takes the cake for its "Why the F Not" F in Town-y-ness.

@badger, who are you who is so wise in the ways of F in Town? :-D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Baise-en-ville sounds much more elegant than F in town...;)

@badger, who are you who is so wise in the ways of F in Town? :-D
    And which town are we talking about? It sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    And which town are we talking about? It sounds like fun.
    I know, right?

Maybe the answer is "Any town that @badger is in!" Hahahahah!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I know, right?

Maybe the answer is "Any town that @badger is in!" Hahahahah!
    Thanks for the ... compliment(?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    And, apropos of nothing, earth to Whole Foods: those "travel" tubes of Toms of Maine toothpaste you insist on selling are THREE FRICKIN OUNCES. That's like 2 months worth of toothpaste. I don't know what sorts of trips YOU'RE going on, Whole Foods, but some of us want the little .9 ounce tubes so that we can be just a tad lighter on our feet as we drag ourselves to yet another team-building death-march...
    Still reading thru the whole thread, but just wanted to say - I got a refillable toothpaste tube (Toothpaste 2 Go; the transfer thingy is pretty much unnecessary - I just lined up the openings, squeezed the target tube to create a bit of negative pressure, and squeezed the big tube slowly) from the Container Store for just this reason. A bit of highway robbery for a small container, but until Toms of Maine comes up with travel-sized tubes, this is good. (With the travel tube 3/4 full, it lasted two of us three weeks, so it would last a solo traveler even longer.)
    Last edited by haraya; 08-23-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Still reading thru the whole thread, but just wanted to say - I got a refillable toothpaste tube (Toothpaste 2 Go; the transfer thingy is pretty much unnecessary - I just lined up the openings, squeezed the target tube to create a bit of negative pressure, and squeezed the big tube slowly) from the Container Store for just this reason. A bit of highway robbery for a small container, but until Toms of Maine comes up with travel-sized tubes, this is good. (With the travel tube 3/4 full, it lasted two of us three weeks, so it would last a solo traveler even longer.)
    Awesome! I totally want my toothpaste 2 Go while not taking up an F ton of room in my bag. Thanks for the great link!

PS: The Container Store is a really, really bad place for anyone with over-organizing tendencies. I can't even really allow myself to go into one. I'll have to exercise a lot of discipline, go straight to the toothpaste page, and check out as fast as possible. 😭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always have to show restraint when I visit CA and not let the car drive to the Container Store. It is very dangerous.

I have spent far too much money at Container Store in my lifetime and like you both, Badger and Polliani, now also have to be careful to not go in there unless I have a specific item to buy.

I haven't yet tried the Toothpaste 2 Go product but it intrigues me. Would you please report back on its durability after you've used it a few times? Thanks.

On the topic of toothpaste, I finally found powdered toothpaste that I like, the original powdered Colgate that I remember from my ill-spent youth (I haven't been won over yet by the other brands such as EcoDent or by making it myself). As someone else on the forum mentioned, you can find this powdered Colgate--perhaps others--at Indian stores. See my pic below; I got these on Amazon and to my surprise they were actually shipped from India. That's not my preference given the resources used-to-product ratio but I am glad I bought two, as they should last awhile.

Name:  ColgateToothpowder.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  539.1 KB
    Last edited by Holly; 08-23-2014 at 02:56 PM.
    Janine and eWalker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    I always have to show restraint when I visit CA and not let the car drive to the Container Store. It is very dangerous.
    The discount makes it far more dangerous =D

Name:  Ineffable_Badge.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  201.2 KB
    Synapse25 | Pilot | Aeronaut 45 | CoPilot | Large DOP | SideEffect | 3D Organizer Cubes | Q-Kit | #1 & #2 Stuff Sacks

I am so shocked !!

I went to take an innocent quick look at the container store to see what was all this talk about and was greeted with a pop up in perfect Brazilian Portuguese saying that they have improved shipping to Brazil, making it easier, secure and cheaper!!

I am flabbergasted!

(I always wanted to use that word!)
    Last edited by eWalker; 08-23-2014 at 02:04 PM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Maybe they were expecting you, eWalker!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0