Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Ego comparison shots

... its good that the Ego has thick padding on the back and bottom - good built in protection for a laptop even without a brain cell ... good for canoodleing too :)
    I agree - having the rail loops to make it TSA Checkpoint Friendly and suspend your laptop is a huge bonus!

BTW - how many O-rings are there and where are they? I am wondering if they have added any O-rings since my version.

Enjoy your Ego - looks good on ya!

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 08-14-2014 at 08:15 AM.
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

I just sat down on my floor with some coffee (I didn't even manage to knock it over!) and take some quick pictures of the inside of the Ego. I PROMISE there will be more once I pack it.

The main zipped pocket is pretty cavernous.

But so is the other pocket...

The pocket under the flap has 2 O-rings, 3 pen slots, and 2 bigger pockets for an iPhone or small notepad.

I love all the pockets. Aside from the main open pocket under the flap, (going in to out) there are two smaller open pockets, two zipped pockets (one behind each open pocket), and then two longer and skinnier pockets made of this mesh like material that would be awesome for holding pens needed for quick access.

THE RAIL LOOPS.

Here's my size 6Z horizontal cache for my 13" MBP attached to the inside of the bag.

It sits right at the bottom of the bag, but it's not very worrisome since the bottom and back of the bag are padded. Still lots of room left over, too.

I thought this would show exactly where the cache sits in conjunction to the strip holding the annex clips.

I was a little disappointed that I only counted 4 O-Rings...two in the main compartment and two in the under flap compartment. Then I decided to open the zipped pockets...each one has an O-Ring!!!! I also appreciated the zippered pockets having two zippers.
    tpnl, kkintea and RobNC like this.

Here's the water bottle pocket completely compressed.

Here it is not compressed. I tried it out yesterday, and I will provide pictures later when I pack it, but the water bottle pockets can easily accommodate a 32oz Nalgene water bottle!
    tpnl and luvdabags like this.

I also found a "hack" for changing the stripe...I dunno...maybe this is how it's supposed to be done, but I just dove right in since there weren't any directions provided.

Reflective strip doing its thang.

Not doing its thang but still lookin' mighty purdy.

Okay. I had no idea coming into this relationship how the whole stripe thing worked. Each stripe has the soft Velcro running along the entire back and the strip of Velcro on the bag is the hard stuff. Please excuse my lack of Velcro knowledge.

The hack...since Velcro likes to stick, I thought it's be easier to insert a stripe if I first took the second stripe that I didn't want on and flipped it nonvelcro side down and threaded it through.

Then I took the stripe that I wanted on the bag and threaded that Velcro side down over top of the upside down stripe.

After I did that, I pulled the bottom stripe out slowly while pushing down on the olive one to get the Velcro to stick.

PRETTY!!!

Nice, easier method to change the stripes. I will do this next time when switching from my Indigo and Grey stripes.

I also find the Guardian Light is great on this bag attached to one of the webbing sections in front of the color stripe for further nighttime visibility.
    I agree with you - I love all the zipper and mesh pockets in the front. For me, this is what really distinguishes this bag from others. I can actually fit most of my EDC in these pockets. Even the small edge mesh pockets are good to hold my iPod Nano or something thin. The elastic mesh makes sure things do not fall out.

Thanks!

Cheers!
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

jed
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    ... its good that the Ego has thick padding on the back and bottom - good built in protection for a laptop even without a brain cell ... good for canoodleing too :)
    I agree - having the rail loops to make it TSA Checkpoint Friendly and suspend your laptop is a huge bonus!

BTW - how many O-rings are there and where are they? I am wondering if they have added any O-rings since my version.

Enjoy your Ego - looks good on ya!

Cheers!
    Mine has 2 o-rings in the main compartment, 2 o-rings in the second compartment, and one in each of the zippered front pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by jed View Post
    Mine has 2 o-rings in the main compartment, 2 o-rings in the second compartment, and one in each of the zippered front pockets.
    That's how this one is, too. I was overly excited when I found them in the zippered pockets. I mean, I shouldn't be surprised because it's a TB bag, but still...O-rings...

AWESOME REVIEW @Moosezilla! Thanks for your pics and commentary.

I carry a black/wasabi Synapse 25 with my 15" MacBook Pro to work everyday. I do agree that sometimes I would like a typical messenger bag but the S25 has been great for the past year or so. If the Pilot could hold my 15" laptop then I'd probably get it at some point. I love my Co-Pilot so I'm sure I'd swoon over the Pilot, as well.

The Ego looks great! If it had different Dyneema interior colors I'd SERIOUSLY consider it right now. I don't care for the cavernous black hole look. With that being said, throw a bunch of bright accessories in there and that might do the trick :)

Once again, great job and enjoy your new friend :)
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

moosezilla, you are the bestest at posting an alarming number of pics to really show off all the features. thanks. you are tempting me...and the olive stripe looks great.

@luvdabags, haha! I really tried to be thorough since I was more than mildly frustrated trying to find detailed pictures of the Ego while I was trying to decide if it was what I really wanted. There also may or may not have been quite a bit of swearing the first time I tried to change the strap, so I thought I'd help a Bihnion out with my little discovery... :D

i may have done some measuring on my regular work bag and realized it is almost the exact size as the ego, so i suspect that the ego would work nicely for me...must resist!! maybe a job for santa to take care of later this year. i think i have been a good girl. may have to clean up my act a bit.

I took the Ego out for its first adventure today! I took some pictures to show what I carried and how it all fit.

All packed up.

I had my umbrella in one outer water bottle pocket since the weather was a bit rainy and my 32oz water bottle in the other pocket.

I had a lot of things packed in the pockets under the flap.

I had some Altoids Smalls in the right stretchy pocket, my keys clipped in the right zippered pocket, sunglasses in the right open pocket, and my external hard drive tethered into the left zippered pocket.

In the big pocket under the flap I had miscellaneous cords, phone charger, memory card, and flash drive in a small DOP. A black, blue, and red pen and a pencil in the pen slots, gum in a pocket pouch, my Moleskin notebook, earbuds in a steel Q-Kit, and my Oh, @&$% Kit (size 1 Solar stuff sack).

Looking in to the main zippered compartment.

In the main compartment I had my 13" MBP in its horizontal cache, charger in a 3D mesh organizer cube, iPods and cord in the Steel Dyneema 3D organizer cube, and a sweatshirt.

There were also 3 magazines, a Sudoku puzzle book, and some other mail in the way back pocket.

Everything all laid out. I also had a small Wasabi SB in the main compartment, but that was all full of groceries still when I took these pictures.

Taking the Ego out today confirmed one thing...I flippin LOVE this bag!! After carrying it packed pretty full, I decided that I actually really like the Q-AM strap and I won't be trading it for an absolute strap. I'm so stoked to keep using this bag!

@Moosezilla, how did the Q-AM win you over? Just curious. I haven't seen much talk of it, and I'm really glad you posted the pictures of it in use!

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @Moosezilla, how did the Q-AM win you over? Just curious. I haven't seen much talk of it, and I'm really glad you posted the pictures of it in use!
    It's actually a lot more comfortable than I had originally thought and it's super convenient to be able to adjust it in a split second instead of fiddling with it like I would with the absolute strap.

"In the big pocket under the flap I had miscellaneous cords, phone charger, memory card, and flash drive in a small DOP. A black, blue, and red pen and a pencil in the pen slots, gum in a pocket pouch, my Moleskin notebook, earbuds in a steel Q-Kit, and my Oh, @&$% Kit (size 1 Solar stuff sack)."

What is in your awesomely named "Oh, @&$% Kit"?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0