Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: A Tale of Two Aeronauts (or my Video Review of the A30, compared to the A45)

A Tale of Two Aeronauts (or my Video Review of the A30, compared to the A45)

Hello again Bihnions!

So I had a little free time today while working from home that I whipped together a video overview and first impressions review of the Aeronaut 30. I give it a once over and look at the various design changes in comparison to the A45, see how much can fit in both, and try them both on for size so you can see how they wear as backpacks (which may only be representative for those of you who are not petite by definition).

Nothing super fantastic, but something to tide us all over until Darcy and the Crew can pump out some new videos with higher production value. :)

NB: YouTube can take a little while to process, so this might not show up in HD for an hour or two.
    Last edited by itsablur; 08-06-2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: typos
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Fantastic video!! Not only great comparison information but very concise and superbly presented! Thanks for taking the time to put this together
    Synapse25 | Pilot | Aeronaut 45 | CoPilot | Large DOP | SideEffect | 3D Organizer Cubes | Q-Kit | #1 & #2 Stuff Sacks

That was just great, @itsablur! Thanks for making it. I really like these home-made, "non-professional" videos because the speed is a little more relaxed, and as a viewer, it is easier to see what is being packed or unpacked.

I have both bags and did not notice half of the differences you pointed out! Since I am short, the A30 is what I expect to be my trip bag whenever possible. It replaced my Western Flyer. I like the A45 for when I have more stuff and don't want to take the roller bag. Both are aubergine/wasabi :)
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Great video, itsablur!

Luckily for me, I already have an Aeronaut (which you happened to be a major enabler of!), or else I'd be rushing to the order page. I've barely been able to resist picking up a pilot after your last video.

What's your day job, @instablur?! These videos seem professional to me!

Great job! Thanks .

Very nice job, itsablur! Very helpful video.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

That was awesome! I didn't even need to watch that because I already have the A30, which is plenty big for me.
    itsablur and RobNC like this.

Loved the video!

Thanks for the review! Which of the two do you think would be better for 3-4 day car trips (and occasional longer)? A normal trip for me fills two medium Tr-Star cubes and two #2 stuff sacks (not counting toiletry bag), but am looking for something that holds a little more than that.

Thanks all! They're kind of fun to do, and I learn a little something new on how to improve each time. The worst part is watching take after take of myself... :\ Do i really sound like that? Horrible... Is that what my butt looks like in those jeans? <shudder>
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    I have both bags and did not notice half of the differences you pointed out!
    I think I discovered half of the changes WHILE doing the video! I even noticed one afterwards when I was putting everything away; the new logo patch on the A30 is a lot bigger than it is on my < 18 month old A45. Given how the tags do change every now and then though, perhaps this is a change that's already been seen on other bags.

Quote Originally Posted by RobNC View Post
    I've barely been able to resist picking up a pilot after your last video.
    <enabler>
    You know you want one... ;)
    </enabler>
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Great video!! I really enjoyed watching it....

Great video. We need more of these for Tom Bihn's travel luggage and backpacks.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Wow!! Excellent review!!!
    Cork/Iberian Swift, Cork Organizer Wallet, Cardinal/Steel Western Flyer, Cardinal OP, Iberian Yarn Stuff Sacks (all 3 sizes) Black/Iberian Side Effect, Iberian PCSB, Iberian Travel Tray, Nordic Travel Tray, Steel Travel Tray Iberian Travel Stuff Sack Navy/Solar Synapse 25, Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    <enabler>
    You know you want one... ;)
    </enabler>
    Hah! I managed to resist.....*cough* ....

...as long as we consider ordering a new Brain Bag "resisting"!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0