Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Co-Pilot Surprise Continues!

Co-Pilot Surprise Continues!

I got a huge surprise Friday when I walked into the TB Store and saw an Aubergine Co-Pilot, hereafter known as THE FIND, as named by @Ilkyway. In packing THE FIND for a business trip tomorrow, I just discovered a second surprise. Check this out...

Name:  P1020772.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  109.6 KB

There are TWO additional O-rings in the main compartment, one each over the inside back pockets!!! That makes a total THREE O-rings in the main compartment. When did this happen? Was it announced on the site or Forum? Was I asleep?

My Nordic Co-Pilot only has the one O-ring in the main compartment and I've had to clip 3 or 4 key straps to that one ring. They get tangled quite a bit so I LOVE the additional O-rings. I checked the Co-Pilot webpage, and it reads "There are four total O-rings in the Co-Pilot" but there are SIX in mine! Awesome!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Taminca, I think that means the nordic CP is no longer of use to you and that you should sell it to a newbie like me who missed out on Nordic. :) Wishful thinking, I know.

Edit: PS THE FIND is truly gorgeous. I have a hard time not staring at my Aubergine/Wasabi A30.

Funny I was just going to say the same thing: bidding war time!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    Taminca, I think that means the nordic CP is no longer of use to you and that you should sell it to a newbie like me who missed out on Nordic. :) Wishful thinking, I know.
    Nice try, @Pokilani! :)
    -- David Whyte

so you are saying that you are keeping BOTH?

taminca your Co-Pilot is just gorgeous! And the other O-Rings... I so hope, this means you got a first of a new batch. I will stoikly refresh the Co-Pilot Page till they become available on the shop.

Pokilani, you made me laugh out loud. My daughter asked: what is it now?? How do I explain to her, that someone tried to part taminca from nordic? I did not even try, just answerd: well sometimes this Forum makes me laugh, isn't that nice? She left the room... don't know what that means... ;-)

Ilkyway

Must be a new change, and perhaps part of the price increase. This location is MUCH better. Anything you hook to the O-rings you can drop right into the pockets. With the old location of the single O-Ring, I found anything in the main compartment I put in after the O-ring attached key strap would sit on the key strap, making it impossible to pull the item out easily.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

That is GORGEOUS :)
    taminca likes this.
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

@taminca

Maybe you can ask for a few O-rings and retrofit your beautiful Nordic version yourself and modernize your older Co-Pilot! (sorry @meekasmom, @Pokilani!).

Excellent find! Did you, by any chance, also see a Black/Iberian Ristretto 13" or Western Flyer or Pilot while you were there? :)

Cheers!
    Hawaii and taminca like this.
    Zephyr/SA/BB (Black/Black/Steel), S25/TS/WF/A45 (Black/Iberian), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Quote Originally Posted by meekasmom View Post
    so you are saying that you are keeping BOTH?
    Yup. For now. However, my Nordic Pilot may be up for grabs. I have not used it in months and it really needs some love. I've found that the Co-Pilot much better fits my needs.
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    There are TWO additional O-rings in the main compartment, one each over the inside back pockets!!! That makes a total THREE O-rings in the main compartment. When did this happen? Was it announced on the site or Forum? Was I asleep?

My Nordic Co-Pilot only has the one O-ring in the main compartment and I've had to clip 3 or 4 key straps to that one ring. They get tangled quite a bit so I LOVE the additional O-rings. I checked the Co-Pilot webpage, and it reads "There are four total O-rings in the Co-Pilot" but there are SIX in mine! Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Must be a new change, and perhaps part of the price increase. This location is MUCH better. Anything you hook to the O-rings you can drop right into the pockets. With the old location of the single O-Ring, I found anything in the main compartment I put in after the O-ring attached key strap would sit on the key strap, making it impossible to pull the item out easily.
    @taminca, @itsablur This sounds as though they took a cue from the Pilot design, and went back and changed the Co-Pilot in the new batches. I wonder whether anyone who recently purchased the Co-Pilot could check this: @acquaris85, @al85, and others who got the Black Ballistic Nylon /Solar Co-Pilot that is now the only choice, and that shipped in early July, I think, can you check there are no O-rings over the pockets? If not, it may be that @Taminca got an early prototype of the bags they're gearing up for when the Co-Pilots product line get refreshed in the upcoming production batch.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @taminca, @itsablur This sounds as though they took a cue from the Pilot design, and went back and changed the Co-Pilot in the new batches. I wonder whether anyone who recently purchased the Co-Pilot could check this: @acquaris85, @al85, and others who got the Black Ballistic Nylon /Solar Co-Pilot that is now the only choice, and that shipped in early July, I think, can you check there are no O-rings over the pockets? If not, it may be that @Taminca got an early prototype of the bags they're gearing up for when the Co-Pilots product line get refreshed in the upcoming production batch.
    Would also be interesting to see if they removed the O-ring from the water bottle pocket, since I did not see one in my Pilot.

Is it somewhat strange than the (new) Co-Pilot has six O-rings and the Pilot only has four?
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

I got a huge surprise Friday when I walked into the TB Store and saw an Aubergine Co-Pilot, hereafter known as THE FIND, as named by @Ilkyway. In packing THE FIND for a business trip tomorrow, I just discovered a second surprise. Check this out...

Name:  P1020772.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  109.6 KB

tamininca- I agree that those extra o rings are an improvement, as I definitely have had the tangle problem. however, I cant part with my nordic CP.
    moriond likes this.

Yup. For now. However, my Nordic Pilot may be up for grabs. I have not used it in months and it really needs some love. I've found that the Co-Pilot much better fits my needs.
    I may be interested in this, though there are many more tenured members here who I'd be happy to defer to should they want it. If you don't hear anything else PM me! Thanks
    Synapse25 | Pilot | Aeronaut 45 | CoPilot | Large DOP | SideEffect | 3D Organizer Cubes | Q-Kit | #1 & #2 Stuff Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    tamininca- I agree that those extra o rings are an improvement, as I definitely have had the tangle problem. however, I cant part with my nordic CP.
    I also just have the 1 in my Nordic CP.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0