Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Co-Pilot Surprise Continues!

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Does the new Co-Pilot with the reversed zippers have a small or large size zipper on the main compartment?
    Not sure what you mean, @bchaplin. The zippers on my new Aubergine CP look to be all the same size. Am on a trip so do not have my Nordic CP for comparison.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @icebeng and others, In the originally designed Co-pilot the single O-ring in the main compartment is placed, as @adalangdon described, on the central wall of the Co-Pilot, opposite the two pockets on the back wall. The O-ring is asymmetrically placed, and in the new design it is shifted slightly to the right of the water bottle pocket zipper, as viewed in @taminca's picture at the start of this thread:

I'll also mention that the O-rings in the Co-Pilots now use a different, lighter weight of securing tape compared to the designs of around a year ago, I think. It feels similar in weight to the black tape that is used to bind and seal the ends of the outside material (Ballistic Nylon or Dyneema) to the inside lining (200d Dyneema) of the Co-Pilots. This affected many bags. For more details, see the pictures in @adalangdon's 'O' ring tape thread from a month ago, and my post at the end. The comments there also mentioned that the new thinner tape twists more easily under the weight of pouches secured to O-rings in Cafe bags, but so far there is no mention about problems with the O-rings detaching or vanishing completely
    @moriond, you are a genius! Yes, the O-ring in mine is displaced slightly to the left. I do wonder why they are positioned asymmetrically.

Re tape-- some bags still use the old tape, like the Swift. Mine was purchased about 1.5 months ago and has the nice sturdy ribbon I love. But it could be on the way out for the Swifts, too. And yeah, the new stuff is still really sturdy, but just twists easily if you attach heavy dangly things to it.

Ooh, all this talk of new features in the CP is making long for another one! This is my favourite TB bag and the Aubergine/Wasabi is calling me strongly. More pain for my wallet... Oh dear.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @weirdguy Did you break down at the last minute to add a Dyneema Co-Pilot to your order? Didn't you say we wouldn't see you until near Christmas, so your wallet would be happier?

moriond
    Haha. Yup, I did said.
    I think is because, I had been routinely (just right after I woke up, barely with my eyes open) checking the TB Forum (Unread Posts) and TB's All Product Page (for new combo colours) and now, this routine somehow become my lifestyle. Haha. I know, it is kinda a lame excuse to post return so quick. Haha.

Nah... I did not add a last-minute Black Dyneema CP - I'm not sure I will like it. Will see how the color turn out to be. Because my just-shipped order include a DLBP in Black Dyneema which my sister wanted (insistently want that color. Sorry @adalangdon, I tried to persuade her to try French Blue. She insistently don't want).

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Hi weird guy, yeah, was on the morning train when I posted that. (Non TB bag related info: we currently have a sort of incentive program in Singapore which lets you take the morning train for free if you alight at specified stations before 7:45AM. The savings over a year is enough for an additional TB order, so I'm taking full advantage of it! ^.^)
    Yeah, I heard about that from news.
    It is a great way to getaway from Morning rush.
    Anyway, a great healthy way to earn savings annually for TB Wishlist. Hehe

You know what, guys (& ladies), I'd think for the past weeks (ever since I received my first shipment) - Tom Bihn has been like a lifestyle for me.
    It is not a fashion statement, but a lifestyle - like the *Japanese who view fashion as not a trend but their way of living/life.

*Apologized, I had offended someone for my abbreviation usage.
    I don't mean or any intention to harm/hurt one's physically & emotionally but I do begin to understand the sensitivity of such abb. Really Sorry about this.
    Just my opinion, I do highly appreciate Japanese Culture & People, and their way of life - their politeness. My respect to them.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 08-07-2014 at 06:32 AM.
    Rocks and icebeng like this.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Used/Like New: SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Re tape-- some bags still use the old tape, like the Swift. Mine was purchased about 1.5 months ago and has the nice sturdy ribbon I love. But it could be on the way out for the Swifts, too. And yeah, the new stuff is still really sturdy, but just twists easily if you attach heavy dangly things to it.
    The Steel Dyneema/Wasabi MCB I got recently has the old tape too.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    The Steel Dyneema/Wasabi MCB I got recently has the old tape too.
    Wow, that's awesome. Seems like the last batch of Steel D bags has some really cool features! I for one quite like the old strap, though the new soft one is still more comfy and nicer to touch. The old stiff one is more flexible than the straps on other cafe bag-equivalents I've used in the past and doesn't twist easily.

Sometimes the TB factory feels like a black box. Random Steel 400d PCSBs? Sudden reappearance of old straps? And what colours are coming out next? I really like that element of surprise :-)
    Last edited by adalangdon; 08-06-2014 at 11:26 PM.

I agreed @adalangdon and kinda fond of the element of surprise - for those devoted to their combo.
    However, it is also making me crazy.

Random Steel 400d PCSBs? When @adalangdon?

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Random Steel 400d PCSBs? When @adalangdon?
    They made a few of them during the Great Dyneema Shortage of 2014. @Moosezilla got one of them, which she later passed to @moriond in a bag swap.

Thanks @adalandgon for the @Moosezilla's Link.
    I just realise from the photos, that PCSB is really that big.

Also, I found out that CP got a new additional color - Coyote/Steel. Coyote for CP?! First time in TB? I find that somehow cute.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0