Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Co-Pilot Surprise Continues!

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I also just have the 1 in my Nordic CP.
    Same here and one in the water bottle pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    Did you, by any chance, also see a Black/Iberian Ristretto 13" or Western Flyer or Pilot while you were there? :)
    Yes, I did see some Black Ristrettos but did not look at the interior color and THINK they were for the 13" MacBook but am not sure. They were in the back storage area that Paul walked me through -- and, best of all, had the "Portable Culture" logo!!! Call the TB Store! I do not remember any Black WF or Pilot -- @monkeylady and @NWhikergal, do you recall?
    tpnl likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Would also be interesting to see if they removed the O-ring from the water bottle pocket, since I did not see one in my Pilot.
    The O-rings in my Aubergine CP are as follows: 1 in left front pocket, 1 in water bottle pock, 1 in right front pocket, and 3 in the back main compartment.
    Ilkyway likes this.
    -- David Whyte

I am sooo hoping this means the Black Dyneema version will be back in stock soon. *crosses fingers*
    Bags I Want: Dyneema A30

Current Bags: Black Dyneema/Wasabi CP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD w/2 packing cubes, Hemp Swift, Cork Swift, Cork LS, LSB, SSB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi LCB, Black Dyneema/Solar SCB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE, Size 1 Stuff Sack, TT, Plenty of YSS, Q-Kit, bunches of pouches

Repeating what weirdguy posted in the SOLD OUT!!! thread, ballistic CPs are back!
    I'm going to see how long each color last in stock this time.
    And yes, Aubergine/Wasabi is one of the options :)
    Let the buying frenzy start, and looks like we'll be seeing quite a bit of CP love pop up in the forums soon!

@pinknits, I have a Black Dyneema/Wasabi on back order, so I'm guessing they'll be back pretty soon.
    And knowing the crew, I'm guessing it might be in the next couple of days!
    taminca likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Repeating what weirdguy posted in the SOLD OUT!!! thread, ballistic CPs are back!
    Let the buying frenzy start, and looks like we'll be seeing quite a bit of CP love pop up in the forums soon!

@pinknits, I have a Black Dyneema/Wasabi on back order, so I'm guessing they'll be back pretty soon.
    And knowing the crew, I'm guessing it might be in the next couple of days!
    So maybe the TB crew wanted to make sure @taminca went back with a new Aubergine Co-Pilot and carefully timed and selected the color of their prototype so it could be casually placed in the right location for discovery during her visit?

@moriond I would put nothing past them.

With the amount of enablers here I wouldn't be surprised if a few forum members were on the payroll =D
    Synapse25 | Pilot | Aeronaut 45 | CoPilot | Large DOP | SideEffect | 3D Organizer Cubes | Q-Kit | #1 & #2 Stuff Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    So maybe the TB crew wanted to make sure @taminca went back with a new Aubergine Co-Pilot and carefully timed and selected the color of their prototype so it could be casually placed in the right location for discovery during her visit?
    Oh my! The timing is too perfect to be a coincidence....not that I am complaining. Am so glad for all the CP lovers on the Forum who, like me, have been waiting for a CP come-back. And with more O-rings the already awesome CP is even better!
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @taminca, @itsablur This sounds as though they took a cue from the Pilot design, and went back and changed the Co-Pilot in the new batches. I wonder whether anyone who recently purchased the Co-Pilot could check this: @acquaris85, @al85, and others who got the Black Ballistic Nylon /Solar Co-Pilot that is now the only choice, and that shipped in early July, I think, can you check there are no O-rings over the pockets? If not, it may be that @Taminca got an early prototype of the bags they're gearing up for when the Co-Pilots product line get refreshed in the upcoming production batch.

moriond
    The additional 2 O-rings near the back pockets are definitely from the latest batch. I ordered my Steel Co-pilot on 7/9/14 and it doesn't have the additional O-rings.
    Last edited by amazngin; 08-05-2014 at 07:10 PM.

I just looked at my CP. There is only one o-ring in the large compartment and one each in each of the front three pockets.
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

@taminca, I do not remember seeing a black WF or Pilot, but they generally only have a few of each model displayed in the front room at any given time. Who knows what the wondrous back store rooms may hold!

I am very excited for you that you got the new model CP with the extra O rings. That was one thing that held me back from getting one of those, after I initially bought a Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    I am very excited for you that you got the new model CP with the extra O rings. That was one thing that held me back from getting one of those, after I initially bought a Pilot.
    Thanks, @NWhikergal! I just finished packing THE FIND for a business trip the next 3 days -- it will be my day bag -- and have to say that the extra O-rings are wonderful! No more messy tangling of key straps, stretching into the two back inside pockets, which now have their own O-rings. And, instead of having to use the long key straps, I can use the short ones, of which I have too many to count.

Now how to jury-rig my Nordic CP with extra O-rings...
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Yes, I did see some Black Ristrettos but did not look at the interior color and THINK they were for the 13" MacBook but am not sure. They were in the back storage area that Paul walked me through -- and, best of all, had the "Portable Culture" logo!!! Call the TB Store! I do not remember any Black WF or Pilot -- @monkeylady and @NWhikergal, do you recall?
    Either a black Pilot or CP, with iberian lining, yes. Black dyneema/solar WF unless NWhikergal has scooped it up, black ristrettos, yes (not sure of size or lining).
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

It was a black dyneema/UV WF that caught my eye, and I barely resisted its lure, sigh. I seriously hope they make that combo in the A30, though it might be in an irresistible combination if they did! Ahem.
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 08-05-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Yep - straight onto my wishlist (so I could check what else I had listed), into my cart and ordered! Might not arrive in time for next week's trip down to London, but never mind...
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0