Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree19Likes
  • 10 Post By adalangdon
  • 1 Post By Moosezilla
  • 8 Post By Moosezilla

Thread: Cafe bag set-up?

Cafe bag set-up?

I use my cafe bag (small or medium) as a purse every day, and so would love to know more and learn from other cafe bag EDC set ups! Please share? :-)

Left side:
    - Small OP (lip balm, pill box, foldable comb)
    - Organiser wallet (name-card and loyalty card holder)

Right side:
    - Medium DOP (vouchers, other misc documents)
    - Small COP (tissues, band-aids)
    - House keys and car key on keystraps attached to an S-biner with an "O" ring extension (this MCB doesn't have a 3rd "O"-ring in the main compartment)

"Wall" pockets in main compartment
    - Phone
    - Train card and student ID in a wallet
    - 1 sharpie, 1 ballpoint

Zipper pocket
    - "Real" wallet
    - Coin purse

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 369
Size:  143.8 KB

Coda: It's important to have lots and lots of clean tissue and wet-wipes when eating spicy food. Thanks to my COP, we finished a big bowl of really nasty (but yummy) tom yam without looking like we'd emerged from a sauna. I don't know if I'm the only one like this, but I hate crumpled tissue packets and grubby tissue. Pouches have truly been a god-send for my EDC.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 386
Size:  140.6 KB

I use my Cocoa/Olive MCB as my EDC/purse when I go most places and even though I carry very little, it works better as an EDC for me than my SCB does in most scenarios.

Left side:
    -Aubergine/UV PP for Swiss Army Knife and lip balm
    -Steel/Solar PP for gum (both of these hooked to the very far left O-ring)
    -Hemp COW for rewards cards and extra credit cards that are rarely used (this is hooked to the other left side O-ring on the front part of the inside.)

Right side:
    -Seahawks key strap for keys (attached to O-ring. It has a handy dandy buckle that allows me to unclip my keys without having to undo the entire strap from the O-ring. So handy.)

"Wall" pockets in main compartment:
    -blue and red pen
    -black pen and pencil
    -sunglasses
    -wallet and daily meds (I use my Forest/Iberian PP since I rarely carry cash with me and no, the cards don't fall out unless I intentionally flip it and give it shaken baby syndrome).

Zipper Pocket:
    -Size 1 Iberian SS for checkbook, savings book, and tissues
    -Size 1 Solar SS for Tide-to-Go Pen, a pouch of lady things, a small Altoids tin of Ibuprofen, and another mint tin with a Zyrtec, cold meds, finger nail clippers, toothpick and tweezers from a Swiss Army Knife, small pad of sticky notes, hair ties, small binder clips, and extra lip balm. (This tin is known as my "Oh, $#@%" tin and has saved me multiple times.) The Solar SS gets transferred to whichever bag I'm toting around.

Main compartment:
    -32oz Nalgene water bottle (this guy goes EVERYWHERE with me)
    -small Wasabi Shop Bag

If I'm going to work, the shop bag comes out and my coffee, snacks, or other beverages go in.

Back compartment:
    -mail, other reading material, or random bits of paper that I pick up along the way of whatever adventure I'm on.

@Moosezilla How many cards do you put in the PP and have you ever had a problem with them de-magnetizing?
    Favorite: Steel/Steel LS * Latest: Nordic/Solar S25 * Wishlist: New 400d Color

Cafe bag set-up?

@kkintea
    I currently have 8 plastic cards and 1 paper card. 2 credit/debit cards, drivers license, gas rewards card, 2 insurance cards, United Blood Services card, AARP benefits card (dunno about this one...I should put it in my COW but my dad gave it to me and it just got thrown in my PP...), and a paper deli rewards card. I've never ever had a problem and I've been using my PP as a wallet for over a year now.

I am going to try this for a week and see how I like it, thanks @Moosezilla! I also never carry cash and lately it's felt like a production to unzip my SE or 3DFC and then unzip the COW to get my card out.

@kkintea, That's exactly why I started to use the PP. It's worked wonders for me. At first, I contemplated cutting off the hook, but it's way too convenient to be able to clip it to my keys from time to time!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    I use my cafe bag (small or medium) as a purse every day, and so would love to know more and learn from other cafe bag EDC set ups!
    So @adalangdon, because we're all compulsive about this and want to know all about the bags and accessories we see in these photos, could you confirm the colors/IDs here? I think that's the Medium Cafe bag in Steel/Crimson that you asked for help dating in this thread (guesses were late 2006-early 2007).
    That's the Navy Cordura fabric version of the Clear Organizer Wallet (option recently gone from the product page), the small organizer pouch in Kiwi Ballistic Nylon, a small Indigo Cordura Clear Organizer Pouch, and a Medium Turquoise Cordura Double Organizer Pouch along with a 16" Solar Dyneema keystrap. Can you supply corrections? inquiring minds want to know!

@Moosezilla Your PocketPouch colors make me want to say "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas…".

Great pics, everyone.
    moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post

@Moosezilla Your PocketPouch colors make me want to say "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas…".
    I thought the exact same thing! I want it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    So @adalangdon, because we're all compulsive about this and want to know all about the bags and accessories we see in these photos, could you confirm the colors/IDs here? I think that's the Medium Cafe bag in Steel/Crimson that you asked for help dating in this thread (guesses were late 2006-early 2007).
    That's the Navy Cordura fabric version of the Clear Organizer Wallet (option recently gone from the product page), the small organizer pouch in Kiwi Ballistic Nylon, a small Indigo Cordura Clear Organizer Pouch, and a Medium Turquoise Cordura Double Organizer Pouch along with a 16" Solar Dyneema keystrap. Can you supply corrections? inquiring minds want to know!
    That's right! Only that the COP is Sapphire, not Indigo. Funnily, I had asked for something in Indigo but ended up with Sapphire because they look pretty similar. I managed to get an Indigo micro cordura OP in my last order, though-- yay :)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0