Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: The Blues

The Blues

Just unboxed a huge order which includes gifts for my Toronto relatives and a French Blue Brain Bag for my daughter. I wasn't so sure about French Blue on my computer screen, but in real life it is very pretty. I've tried to take some photos to compare with the other TB Blues

Here is Turquoise Swift, Navy Brain Bag, French Blue Brain Bag, Nordic/Solar SE, Navy Parapack 3DOC:

Name:  IMG_4558.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  42.7 KB

French Blue with Nordic:

Name:  IMG_4561.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  103.6 KB

French Blue with Turquoise Cordura:

Name:  IMG_4562.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  90.2 KB

French Blue with Navy Parapack:

Name:  IMG_4560.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  87.6 KB

One more:

Name:  IMG_4559.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  73.3 KB
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Fabulous seeing them all together like that.
    eWalker likes this.

Great comparison pictures! I love seeing how diverse the blue spectrum of TB offerings is

Thanks @gochicken!
    Synapse25 | Pilot | Aeronaut 45 | CoPilot | Large DOP | SideEffect | 3D Organizer Cubes | Q-Kit | #1 & #2 Stuff Sacks

You're welcome... I just realized I forgot to include Indigo, the most vibrant of blues. I am heading out today to Filoli in Woodside.. no time now, but will try to take a picture that includes Indigo soon.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Volunteer Moderator
    Fabulous pictures, @gochicken. I'd been wondering whether your transaction for the Turquoise Swift went through, and am happy to see it in your family of bags. Beautiful French Blue BrainBag. This set of pictures would have made my color matching decisions (to get a French Blue Daylight Backpack to go with my Nordic, Navy, and other bags of the purple persuasion) easier. I love the color fidelity of your pictures. Do you also have items in the older Sapphire blue and Storm?

What I'd also love to see, some time, is a comparison of some items in your "Blues" collection with your great "Purples" collection. That turquoise really pops against say, Aubergine. These are great pictures for anyone doing color comparisons. Thank you so much for sharing.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 08-02-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    You're welcome... I just realized I forgot to include Indigo, the most vibrant of blues. I am heading out today to Filoli in Woodside.. no time now, but will try to take a picture that includes Indigo soon.
    LOL. I was going to say that you're missing some of the Tom Bihn Blue family! I don't suppose you've also got any Sapphire and Storm items kicking around do you? ;)
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

I love all of them. I do wish you guys would stop posting pictures of Nordic. It is so lovely, but I got on the TB bandwagon too late for it.

Yes, +1000 for colour fidelity! Much as colour varies from display to display, I think this page will be a very useful reference for those seeking a colour comparison. Perhaps something like this should be done for all colour sets (blues, purples, greens, reds, greys) and a sticky made linking to these colour comparison posts-- there are folks here who have collected full sets of greys, purples, blues, etc. (I for one have all the greens, or so I think...)

Thanks for the pix @gochicken.
    I have to say that from the one picture I saw of french blue on the TB site, I thought it would be a lighter color. If you pic is accurate, I much prefer the way it looks.

@Darcy and staff- I noticed that the Color chart that comes up when you click color button is missing many of the newer colors.

Hawaii: On my screen the French Blue next to the Torcois is the most accurate match to my French Blue Large Double Organizer Pouch.

I too was surprised (in a positive way) that it is not as bright as I expected. I have to confess, that I ordered the pouch to look at the color so I can decide if I want a Daylighter in that color.

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    LOL. I was going to say that you're missing some of the Tom Bihn Blue family! I don't suppose you've also got any Sapphire and Storm items kicking around do you? ;)
    I do have my daughter's Indigo/Steel Synapse, and a 3D COC that I think is Sapphire.... calling moriond for confirmation.

I will be out all morning tomorrow, so I probably won't get pictures, but I'll try. I take most of my photos next to a window with northeast exposure... the lighting is really nice in the morning.

My 3D COC is Indigo. I do have a Sapphire keystrap, but no Storm. Nice bright cloudy morning.... up early... hopefully pictures to follow soon

Clockwise from top: Turquoise Swift, Indigo Synapse, French Blue Brain Bag, Sapphire Key Strap, Navy Parapack 3D OC, Nordic/Solar SE, Navy Brain Bag

Name:  IMG_4577.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  49.4 KB

Colockwise below: Indigo 3D COC, Sapphire Keystrap, French Blue Brain Bag, Nordic/Solar SE, Turquoise Swift

Name:  IMG_4585.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  79.5 KB
    Last edited by gochicken; 08-03-2014 at 07:43 AM. Reason: add pictures

More pictures:

Name:  IMG_4586.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  91.4 KB

Indigo 3D COC, French Blue Brain Bag, Nordic/Solar SE, Sapphire Key Strap

Name:  IMG_4588.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  95.3 KB
    Last edited by gochicken; 08-03-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    Thanks for the pix @gochicken.
    I have to say that from the one picture I saw of french blue on the TB site, I thought it would be a lighter color. If you pic is accurate, I much prefer the way it looks.
    I agree, Hawaii. I kept asking my daughter, "Are you sure you like this color?" But in real life it is a very satisfying blue. The fabric has a sheen, which makes it look very different when the light changes. Sometimes it almost looks like it has a bit of periwinkle to it, other times it looks like it is a tiny bit more sky blue. I was worried it would be pastel-like, but it is not.

Here's a picture to try to show what a difference the light makes (light source is an OttLight... supposed to be full spectrum):

Name:  IMG_4589.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  45.5 KB
    Last edited by gochicken; 08-03-2014 at 08:24 AM.

@gochicken: I love all this blues! May I ask you, what your daughter is using the Brain Bag for? I am still debating it. My husband now has the black one and it is so huge. But the French Blue is calling to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0