Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: The Blues

Hi llkyway,
    My daughter wanted this for school. One of her older brothers has the Navy Brain Bag and loves it for school, but he is a bit bigger than she is. She loved the color and even though I thought she is still to small to use it, I think we can make it work. At least she has the color she wants and I should never have to buy another backpack.

For elementary school, she used LLBean backpacks.. which have held up well enough, but the larger of the two was getting small by her last year there. The Brain Bag is considerably larger, but I think we can keep the side straps cinched up and after a few weeks of "that is huge" comments, everyone will get used to seeing her in it and leave her alone. This one will handle the load with more comfort for her as the padding is noticeably more sturdy and although it is big, she seems to carry it well. We'll just have to see how well it works.
    WenV and Ilkyway like this.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

gochicken I missed your answer back than, cant say why but I never red it. Thank you for your detailed answer.

Now she has carried it for a while, did it work out they way you two thought it would?
    By the way: even so I have a bit blue myself, I love looking at group-pictures of blues and yours are very nice. I am working on acquiring something in Indigo but have not found a way to get my hands on Turquoises.

Ilkyway

Thank you for the variety in blues. I only own items in Navy, but I've been wanting to branch out a bit. Like you I'm wary about French blue on my screen, but I think it would look better in person.
    A45, MCB, SE; CP: Black/Solar; P: Navy/Solar; SE: Black/Iberian, Solar/Solar; MCB: Linen/Navy, Steel/Cayenne

Hey al85. I have a small fabric sample TB sent me of French blue so I could see it in person. Now that my French blue S25 is on its way to me, I don't have a need for it. I'd be happy to send it to you. PM me if you're interested.

@A.D.D.i.c.t. Just sent you a PM. :)
    A45, MCB, SE; CP: Black/Solar; P: Navy/Solar; SE: Black/Iberian, Solar/Solar; MCB: Linen/Navy, Steel/Cayenne

Thanks, Ilkyway. Yes, my daughter is still using her French Blue Brain Bag for middle school. She has grown a little, so it doesn't look so ridiculous for her to carry it, and I think she likes having the large capacity. She even can fit her flute (in its case) inside with all her notebooks and books and lunch, etc.
    Ilkyway likes this.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0