Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Pilot Unpacking Video

Pilot Unpacking Video

Here's my new Steel Dyneema Pilot. I packed it full of everyday items, then whined until Mr. Janine agreed to video me unpacking it for your viewing pleasure.

WARNING: The end of the video shows a terrible, horrible, very bad flaw in the design of the Pilot. Those of you with sensitive natures should refrain from watching.

ps. For reference, it is a 750ml bottle.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Hilarious! I love how you sorted the apples. One question: where is the watermelon? Isn't that a reference-item by now? Like chopsticks?

I love it! "too big :("

PS That olive oil in the background is one of my favs!

Lol! Both ends covered! Loved!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Were you wearing your DLBP during this video, or was that part of the negotiations to get Mr. Janine to record the unpacking?

Sent from my Iconia W4-820 using Tapatalk
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Thanks for the warning to us sensitive souls about the ending: it was indeed too painful to watch! Though I'm happy to see that I'm not the only person who stockpiles toilet paper in case of the zombie apocalypse. You always seem to have tons of it around to pack into TB bags; your stash must be even greater than mine.

~Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Hilarious! I love how you sorted the apples. One question: where is the watermelon? Isn't that a reference-item by now? Like chopsticks?
    Alas! It wouldn't fit!

In retrospect I should have left it on the counter. And pretty soon I'm going to have to switch to pumpkins! Watermelons are still available in the grocery, but not for too much longer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Were you wearing your DLBP during this video, or was that part of the negotiations to get Mr. Janine to record the unpacking?

Sent from my Iconia W4-820 using Tapatalk
    It was a tactical omission. After wearing it under my nightgown last week, I need to lay low for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Thanks for the warning to us sensitive souls about the ending: it was indeed too painful to watch! Though I'm happy to see that I'm not the only person who stockpiles toilet paper in case of the zombie apocalypse. You always seem to have tons of it around to pack into TB bags; your stash must be even greater than mine.

~Nancy
    Funny you should mention the stockpile.

I'm one of those people who turns everyday activities into games. One of my current games is "How big of a package of toilet paper can I buy?" I used to think that a 12-roll pack from the grocery was a lot. Then I found an 18-roll pack at Target. Then I tried Amazon Subscribe-and-Save and found a 27-roll pack. It's HUGE! And it will probably last forever because the kids aren't using toilet paper yet (we're still wiping their bottoms with baby wipes) and Mr. Janine is a "two squares is too much" kind of guy. *rolleyes*

And I just had a brilliant idea, inspired by your other comment. The TB company should sponsor a contest in October: video reviews of TB bags as zombie apocalypse emergency bags. We can vote as a community, and the winner gets a small prize like a $25 gift certificate or a custom OP in their choice of colors.

What do you say, @Darcy? Pretty please? :-)

I just had another brilliant idea!

@Darcy, could we have a special Halloween pouch this year? Burnt Orange on one side and Ultraviolet on the other? It would be soooooo cool. Please oh please?

I would also accept Burnt Orange/Olive as an alternative. That would be very pumpkiny.

Thanks in advance for saying, "Why sure, Janine! What a great idea!"

Janine, was that your EDC load? If so, I offer the advice of cutting down on the number of apples eaten daily to lessen the amount of fiber in your diet and thereby lessen the number of toilet paper rolls needed daily. Just something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    @Darcy, could we have a special Halloween pouch this year? Burnt Orange on one side and Ultraviolet on the other? It would be soooooo cool. Please oh please?

I would also accept Burnt Orange/Olive as an alternative. That would be very pumpkiny.
    Burnt orange/Cocoa might also be a seasonally appropriate colour pairing.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Are you sure that's enough toilet paper?

While I am loving summer (I still have one more month before school starts!!!), I do like that you are planning ahead with pumpkins!
    Janine and Ilkyway like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Are you sure that's enough toilet paper?
    I'm sure it isn't. I need to test pack my Aeronaut to see how many rolls it can hold. I'm afraid that someday, like three years from now, I might run out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0