Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By UK-Limey
  • 3 Post By Poker Face

Thread: Tom Bihn & Red Oxx = Great Partners

Tom Bihn & Red Oxx = Great Partners

I don't (yet) have a TB bag for leisure travel. So in the meantime, I am combining my Red Oxx Gator bag with the TB Absolute Comfort Strap, clear pouches, Side Effect and padded organiser pouch (for iPad mini). Should be OK as hand luggage for my 3 week vacation in New York, Boston & Cape Cod.

I had to fit some metal rings to the Gator in order to have some attachment points for the key chains. And the TB strap is WAY better than the Red Oxx strap. But they seem to work quite well together !

Name:  JUL_7807.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  143.3 KB

Just interested to see if anybody owns both TB Co-Pilot & Red Oxx Gator ? Any comparisons to be made ?

I am considering either a Co-Pilot or a Night Flight soon ...

Hi UK-Limey!!

I own both the Co-pilot and Gator. These are basicaly different bags: the Gator has one big compartment (plus two gator pockets & water bottle holders) while the co-pilot is divided in several compartments. The co-pilot is lighter that the Gator, and I also prefer the absolute strap as it does not "bite" my shoulder as the Gator strap when I wear my bag.

The co-pilot will deform a little to accept whatever you try to stuff in it. While the Gator, with its thick padding, is a lot stiffer.
    You can put a loaded co-pilot in the main compartment of the Gator (I just tried): so the gator is a little larger than the co-pilot.

I really depends what you want to carry and the degree of protection you want.
    I don't have the Night flight, so I can't compare.

Hope this helps,

Poker face
    Big fan of Nordic dyneema (aeronaut, PCSB, PCBP, TT, LSB, SSB, SE, SCB, MCB, co-pilot, synapse 19). OK, so where am I going to put all that stuff...

Hi Poker Face

Thanks for that, much appreciated !
    You hit the nail on the head ... the Gator is just a single compartment.
    I find myself using more TB organiser pouches than I really want to in order to provide some sort of structure.

So now I have to get BOTH bags - Co-Pilot & Night Flight ... ;-)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0