Like Tree14Likes
  • 11 Post By flaneuse
  • 2 Post By tagman12
  • 1 Post By flaneuse

Thread: What a large cafe bag can hold

What a large cafe bag can hold

Quite a lot! In fact, my poor LCB had been so neglected I had forgot how much it can hold. I needed to use it for a night out at the Gartenschau with the kids, and I was going to carry my own collapsible chair using its backpack straps. So my go-to S25 was not going to work. I was able to carry all the important stuff in the LCB, and the extra things like a quick dry towel, snacks and water in a ssb. One of my favorite features of the LCB is that extra handle on the top back of the bag--it makes it super easy to clip to the stroller and not have to carry it all the time.

Fully loaded.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  641.6 KB

In the front zip pocket: OW, folding wayfarers, distance glasses
Views: 458
Size:  702.6 KB

Center pocket (iphone not pictured): nordic SE w/wallet/phone, steel SE with baby stuff, SYSS with sock knitting, 311 cube, red rain jacket in its pouch
Views: 459
Size:  686.6 KB

Everything fits!
Views: 451
Size:  707.4 KB
    Last edited by flaneuse; 07-26-2014 at 12:46 PM.
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

Hey Flaneuse,

I'm considering getting a LCB; the MCB is just a bit too small for my travel needs. I know the answer to this question will vary greatly depending on what you/anyone carries but I'm wondering if you can tell me generally how heavy/unwieldy the LCB is when packed full? I don't mind carrying some weight but I don't want it to feel like a bag of rocks...

It looks like she is using the absolute strap with this (I just ordered a LCB w/ absolute strap as well) and given my past experience with a heavier bag (both a checkpoint flyer as well as a super ego) that had an absolute strap, the weight tends to just disappear. As such given the much smaller size then the super ego, I am guessing the eight of this bag with an absolute strap should feel very comfortable.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Hey Flaneuse,

I'm considering getting a LCB; the MCB is just a bit too small for my travel needs. I know the answer to this question will vary greatly depending on what you/anyone carries but I'm wondering if you can tell me generally how heavy/unwieldy the LCB is when packed full? I don't mind carrying some weight but I don't want it to feel like a bag of rocks...
    Hi! Yes, I do use an absolute strap with the LCB and it helps, but it does get heavy. I had it clipped to the stroller almost the whole time. I am taking it out tomorrow though with pretty much the same contents, and I'll weight it in the AM and get back to you :)
    Holly likes this.
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

So set up similarly, minus the rain jacket, and ow, it weighed in at around 4lbs. It was not too bad to carry for a couple of hours at Ikea.
    My TB family:

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0