Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree29Likes
  • 5 Post By eWalker
  • 8 Post By eWalker
  • 1 Post By Ilkyway
  • 2 Post By PaulT00
  • 1 Post By eWalker
  • 6 Post By eWalker
  • 4 Post By icebeng
  • 1 Post By al85
  • 1 Post By Trailhiker

Thread: Snake Charmer as Medicine Bag

  1. #1
    Registered User eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    505

    Snake Charmer as Medicine Bag

    Name:  SC1.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  17.4 KBName:  SC2.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  13.8 KBName:  SC3.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  13.7 KBName:  sc4.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  16.7 KB
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

  2. #2
    Registered User eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    505
    And fits perfectly on bottom or top of the DLBP
    Name:  SC5.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  13.4 KBName:  SC6.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  40.9 KBName:  SC8.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  24.7 KBName:  SC7.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  23.6 KB
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-26-2014 at 07:52 AM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

  3. #3
    Registered User Ilkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT +1 (+1 Summertime) - Germany, North
    Posts
    802
    What a great idea to have them upright in the Snake Charmer. I imagine you can pull out everything very easy.
    Great pictures, thank you for that. My Snake Charmer has jet to find its fulfillment. You gave me some ideas.
    eWalker likes this.

  4. #4
    Registered User PaulT00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the seaside, England
    Posts
    157
    Thats a great solution. And a lot of pills! I have done something similar with my partner's medications when travelling, but using a solar travel tray rather than a snake charmer. It's great that TB bags are ao well designed and versatile!
    A45 crim/stl TS navy/solr A30 aub/wsbi S19 nrdc/stl P nrdc/solr CP blk/stl; SE wsbi CQPC ibrn, solr Ri aub/stl 3DCC card TSS4 wsbi K card TT solr,nrdc,blk CC card/stl PCBP solr PP navy QK frst,cyte,aub + loadsa cubes!

  5. #5
    Registered User eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    What a great idea to have them upright in the Snake Charmer. I imagine you can pull out everything very easy.
    Great pictures, thank you for that. My Snake Charmer has jet to find its fulfillment. You gave me some ideas.
    I found it to be too big for my cable storing needs but just perfect height for the medicine boxes. I remember seeing a post about using it as a nurse bag and I am searching the Forum for other uses.

    My guess is that it would be good for cosmetics too... Just got that from the look my mom gave to the SC while passing her lipstick. Gosh... She thought so loud that I could hear it!

    Funny thing... I did not realized the steel parapack to be so greenish until I saw it side by side with the navy cordura under sun light!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-26-2014 at 08:58 AM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

  6. #6
    Registered User eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    Thats a great solution. And a lot of pills! I have done something similar with my partner's medications when travelling, but using a solar travel tray rather than a snake charmer. It's great that TB bags are ao well designed and versatile!
    Great idea! I used it because it was what I had at the time... no forward planning... But I am going to try your tip when my TT arrive to compare usability...

    Hmmm... have to be careful otherwise the TT will be taken by the new TB convert of the house (AKA my mom)!!

    OMG! She just told me that she found adorable that "green fabric with the white squares" with sparkling eyes!!

    I know what comes after that... She will find great use for my yet to arrive Wasabi organisers!!

    Thanks God, Wasabi items usually are not in backorder!!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-26-2014 at 08:27 AM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post

    Thanks God, Wasabi items usually are not in backorder!!
    Not..... Yet...... ;p

  8. #8
    Registered User al85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    I found it to be too big for my cable storing needs but just perfect height for the medicine boxes. I remember seeing a post about using it as a nurse bag and I am searching the Forum for other uses.

    My guess is that it would be good for cosmetics too... Just got that from the look my mom gave to the SC while passing her lipstick. Gosh... She thought so loud that I could hear it!
    I actually used my Snake Charmer as my non 3-1-1 bag. It held my cosmetics, toothbrush, combs, brush, razor, and other various toiletries that didn't have to be in the 3-1-1. I ended up using a medium Dyneema organizer bag for all my cables, so it really worked out perfectly. :D
    eWalker likes this.
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Name:  SC1.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  17.4 KBName:  SC2.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  13.8 KBName:  SC3.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  13.7 KBName:  sc4.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  16.7 KB
    Nice layout!

    One thought though,
    Having several first aid kits (and trauma kits) disbursed thru several Tom Bihn bags for car(s), hiking, travel and everyday use,
    You may want to consider letting go of the the boxes and switching to mini zip loc bags that are available in all sorts of sizes from amazon ( you'll also b able to fit a whole lot more in if u wish)
    You'll find that a lot of the bulk you have will be eliminated. As to the thought of "easy identification " of what's inside as u have with the boxes, what I usually do is cut the one side of the box w all the info and slide it into the 2 inch by 3 inch bag let's say.

    Yes, yes, I know I need to do a spread with pic on my kits,
    Soon, soon.
    ;-)
    eWalker likes this.

  10. #10
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    Nice layout!

    One thought though,
    Having several first aid kits (and trauma kits) disbursed thru several Tom Bihn bags for car(s), hiking, travel and everyday use,
    You may want to consider letting go of the the boxes and switching to mini zip loc bags that are available in all sorts of sizes from amazon ( you'll also b able to fit a whole lot more in if u wish)
    You'll find that a lot of the bulk you have will be eliminated. As to the thought of "easy identification " of what's inside as u have with the boxes, what I usually do is cut the one side of the box w all the info and slide it into the 2 inch by 3 inch bag let's say.

    Yes, yes, I know I need to do a spread with pic on my kits,
    Soon, soon.
    ;-)
    @Trailhiker This is a good idea, however, if there are home healthcare workers who are administering the medications, or if it is likely that you will need to have such workers administer medications (maybe in the case of @eWalker's mother), then it is better to have the original packaging both for recognition purposes and reference to any instructions. In these instances prevention of any confusion or possible mistakes in administering medications takes precedence over packing efficiency. Just from my own experience. YMMV.

    moriond

  11. #11
    Registered User eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    Nice layout!

    One thought though,
    Having several first aid kits (and trauma kits) disbursed thru several Tom Bihn bags for car(s), hiking, travel and everyday use,
    You may want to consider letting go of the the boxes and switching to mini zip loc bags that are available in all sorts of sizes from amazon ( you'll also b able to fit a whole lot more in if u wish)
    You'll find that a lot of the bulk you have will be eliminated. As to the thought of "easy identification " of what's inside as u have with the boxes, what I usually do is cut the one side of the box w all the info and slide it into the 2 inch by 3 inch bag let's say.

    Yes, yes, I know I need to do a spread with pic on my kits,
    Soon, soon.
    ;-)
    Thats a great idea @Trailhiker... I did that in less then a minute because I just HAD to go, but now with cool head and high spirit, I see that there much room to improvements!

    And you tip is a keeper!! Opening a window to search Amazon.com right now! :)

    And please, please, please do the first kit spread!! You never know when this info may come on handy!

    I just thought of this because of this thread... Snake Charmer: the perfect bag for this nurse!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-26-2014 at 11:08 AM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0