Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Laundry stuff sacks are here

Laundry stuff sacks are here

I don't have an Aeronaut of either size, but I ordered one LSS in each size to see for myself, as the video is tantalizing but doesn't show the interior. Indeed as many of you speculated, there is a bucket-like layer of dyneema material (kind of like the base of the travel tray) that stays sewn to the equator of the bag. You can push clothes in from either side. It didn't strike me till now, but these could be used simply as larger single-receptacle travel stuff sacks as they are quite long. The inner labels read 5 and 6 - does that indicate these are larger? The largest stuff sack I have otherwise is labelled with a 4.

I think the key decision is whether you want the contents of your stuff sacks to abut each other. I could also see these being useful as shoe bags. I haven't yet put shoes in my TB bags without covering them, with the exception of pool shoes in a Nordic shop bag (get it, blue for the water?).

Name:  photo(3).jpg
Views: 577
Size:  380.7 KB

The laundry bags are longer than the Size 4 TSS but narrower - I checked the dimensions when deciding which one I was interested in (I don't have an Aeronaut either, and have no plans to buy one, as I'm not a fan of duffels). So the size 5/6 makes sense.

I've put the small one on my wish list, but am waiting for news of a Co-Pilot production run before pulling the trigger, as it's not worth the overseas shipping to buy a couple of accessories (unless they're very small and can sneak under the customs' radar!).
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

GoStanford: You get big points for a first Customer Picture of a new product! (hope I did not miss any?)

Ilkyway

That's great that you got yours already! The look so handy. Love that they could be used to sort laundry, as a regular sack, or as someone on the rav group posted, a possible project bag used to store the yarn on one end and the working project on the other. I hope that means mine is waiting at the PO on Monday :) I am hoping to get it in before my trip to Bruxelles at the end of August.
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

Hi guys,

Just a little question (unless it was already answered previously...): where are the stuff sacks supposed to go in your aeronaut? Do they fit in the end pockets? Or are they designed to go in the main compartment?

Thanks!

Poker Face
    eWalker likes this.
    Big fan of Nordic dyneema (aeronaut, PCSB, PCBP, TT, LSB, SSB, SE, SCB, MCB, co-pilot, synapse 19). OK, so where am I going to put all that stuff...

Put them in the little nooks and crannies where your cubes didn't take up all the space. Think of them as fillers.
    ETA: I think you can use them in place of the end pocket and small cubes too, since they are the largest of the sacks.
    Last edited by icebeng; 07-26-2014 at 03:00 AM.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    GoStanford: You get big points for a first Customer Picture of a new product! (hope I did not miss any?)

Ilkyway
    Now that I overcame my lack of photo posting skills, I can work on more and better photos! First step is to achieve daylight haha!
    Last edited by GoStanford; 07-26-2014 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Now that I overcame my lack of photo posting skills, I can work on more an better photos! First step is to achieve daylight haha!
    Looking forward to more photos from you, GoStanford!

The Laundry Stuff Sacks were designed to go into the end pockets of the Aeronauts but can be put anywhere.

I did a review of them a few days ago:

Gear Review: Tom Bihn Travel Laundry Stuff Sack | One Bag, One World
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

I will get mine on Monday..it was the reason I ended up with another order....and then some.:)

Thanks Icebeng and Frank II!!

Poker Face
    eWalker likes this.
    Big fan of Nordic dyneema (aeronaut, PCSB, PCBP, TT, LSB, SSB, SE, SCB, MCB, co-pilot, synapse 19). OK, so where am I going to put all that stuff...

I'm still curious about the fit in a TS if anyone is able to check. I feel like dimensions alone don't necessarily tell the story. Thanks!
    eWalker likes this.

GoStanford are they circular like the Yarn Stuff Sacks or oval like the Packing Stuff Sacks?

By the way: if this is your starting point of taking pictures than you are a good shot and a great one with practice. You should see my first attempts.... well you wont but believe me, that is a good thing.
    eWalker likes this.

Looking at the measurements and the video, I think they're circular.
    SPECIFICATIONS:
    Size Aeronaut 30:
    External Dimensions: 11.8" x 5.5" x 5.5" / 300 x 140 x 140 mm
    Weight: 2.7 oz / 77 grams
    Volume: 305 cubic inches / 5 liters
    Size Aeronaut 45:
    External Dimensions: 13.8" x 6.7" x 6.7" / 351 x 170 x 170 mm
    Weight: 3.2 oz / 91 grams
    Volume: 550 cubic inches / 9 liters
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    GoStanford are they circular like the Yarn Stuff Sacks or oval like the Packing Stuff Sacks?
    They are somewhat oblong now they are packed. Hmmm I would have to measure and see. Sorry this does not help - maybe Frank's review says?
    eWalker likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0