Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Laundry stuff sacks are here

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1122 View Post
    Does this fit nicely into a synapse 25? Could someone post a pic pls and ty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandcache View Post
    Wow! Thanks Moriond...that means it should fit in the bottom of my Swift--perfect for carrying extra yarn with my larger projects, or keeping 2 smaller projects separated. :-). And to think I had decided to not purchase a laundry bag...20 enabler points!
    @Susan, @Grandcache and Others, The fact that the TLSS A30 size fits into the PCSB means that it will fit everywhere this bag would fit: specifically, you can lay the stuffed TLSS A30 horizontally into the bottom of a Swift, to use as a knitting project bag, as @Gradcaxhe deduced; you can transfer it to your Imago horizontal messenger bag; you can fit it into the bottom of a Smart Alec, and you can zip it into the bottom front pocket of a Synapse 25.

The only point to note is that, just as with a totally full Packing Cube Shoulder Bog, placed in the bottom front zippered pocket of a Synapse 25, the curved part of the fully stuffed TLSS A30 will bulge slightly into the main compartment of the Synapse 25. So if you're trying to use the S25 as a carry on travel bag, and pack the interior completely full of clothing and other items, you can't assume that there will be no effect on your utilization of the inside of the main compartment: the "front wall" won't be completely flat at the bottom of the compartment if the side of a completely full TLSS A30 bulges inwards here.

Also, in case some forum readers are not familiar with the discussions about the Daylight Backpack, the design of this bag was modeled on the Packing Cube Backpack for Tri-Star and Western Flyer, but with curved top corners to more closely follow the design of backpacks, two interior tiered pockets for carrying contents (not all sinking to the bottom of the upright PCBP bag), associated O-rings (for clipping pouches), and a detachable waist strap. But the PCBP for Tri-Star/WF fits upright into the Synapse 25 and Smart Alec (although not taking up the full width), and was also suggested as a packing cube for the S25 in @monkeylady's thread on "Tetris packing the Synapse 25" (meaning packing to fully use up all space, like a Tetris puzzle), with the caveat that the top corners of this PCSB get pinched at the top. A Daylight Backpack profile matches the inside shape of the Synapse 25, so by showing youthe DLBP in the pictures if my original post, I've effectively shown you the Synapse 25 outline, and by stating that I could put the stuffed TLSS A30 into the bottom of the DLBP or PCBP (though with more bulging than with the TLSS in a Packing cube Shoulder Bag, since these are a bit more constraining), I've effectively told you that a stuffed TLSS will fit horizontally inside both the main Synapse 25 compartment and into the front zippered pocket. I'll try to add some pictures as attachments

HTH moriond

Just ordered mine (an A30) yesterday morning and was excited to get a 'your order shipped' email yesterday afternoon (also probably saved some money since I didn't have time to add anything to my order). I have two upcoming long weekend trips I am eager to try the TLSS out for since I will be taking a backpack and it looks like the tube may work better than a packing cube.

looks good! Now, i'm just waiting patiently for a wasabi option...

Thanks moriond!

Woooooo!! Now available in 4 dyneema colours!!!

I have a trip to the mothership planned soon, so will probably pick up one of these while i'm there!

Just curious why the TLSS wasn't designed with an oval bottom similar to the other SS's.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hachkc View Post
    Just curious why the TLSS wasn't designed with an oval bottom similar to the other SS's.
    Just as a guess, it's easier to sew the circular bottom stuff sacks (see the difference in price between Yarn Stuff Sacks and Travel Stuff Sacks. You can read more discussion about Yarn stuff sacks vs Travel stuff sacks.

In the Aeronaut end pockets that these are primarily designed for, the circular cross-section is pretty well accommodated (and will "squoosh" slightly oval, anyway). It's mostly my posts about using them in other bags that brings up the shape question. They might well modify the design based on user feedback. In any case, a non-circular TLSS A45 would not allow @Bdger to pack a Travel Tray with contents in her The Travel Laundry Stuff Sack as ultralight overnight bag thread.

HTH
    moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    a non-circular TLSS A45 would not allow @Bdger to pack a Travel Tray with contents in her The Travel Laundry Stuff Sack as ultralight overnight bag thread.
    There is no vernacular powerful enough to express the overwhelming sense of peace and satisfaction that came over me when I made this discovery.

-Bdgr (eh, who needs vowels?)

Volunteer Moderator
    I got a request about the fit of the TLSS for A30 into the Synapse 25 front zippered pocket, so I'm adding a few pictures to show what the stuffed TLSS for A30 looks like in a few different bags.

Here's the stuffed TLSS for A30 in front of my Steel 400d/Wasabi Dyneema Synapse 25:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417720564.340354.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  159.6 KB

The stuffed TLSS for A30 does fit into the bottom zippered pocket of the S25, but like a fully stuffed PCSB that is placed here, it will bulge into the main compartment of the S25, reducing your available packing space if you have long, rectangular objects you want to stack inside (sorry, I don't have a ready picture shot of the inside compartment):
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417720735.876021.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  133.4 KB

Picture of the stuffed TLSS for A30 in front of the S25 and Nordic Swift:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417720790.579452.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  136.7 KB

The TLSS for A30 will also fit into the bottom of the Nordic Swift with a little room to spare. Some Ravelry forum members have been using the larger TLSS of A45 as a project bag in the Swift -- it's tighter, but will fit in, but at the time I didn't have that size TLSS to photograph.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417720938.715523.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  152.8 KB

Here's a view of the stuffed TLSS for A30 at the bottom of my Hunter/Cork/Sage Imago that is sitting in front of the Nordic Swift. The smaller Imago probably wouldn't hold the fully stuffed TLSS for A45, but it would likely work for an under filled TLSS for A45. I haven't checked this:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417721112.035896.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  136.7 KB

HTH.

moriond

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0