Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Laundry stuff sacks are here

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoz View Post
    I'm still curious about the fit in a TS if anyone is able to check. I feel like dimensions alone don't necessarily tell the story. Thanks!
    @jmoz The laundry stuff sack for the A30, when stuffed full, will exactly fit the front right pocket of the Tri-Star when stood upright. placed upright in the front compartments of a Western Flyer, there's some extra room (stuff sack only extends to where the O-ring is placed, not all the way to the zippered division), so you can use the space a bit better if you leave the divider between the compartments unzipped. Laid horizontally, you can fit a full Laundry Stuff Sack into the back pocket of a Pilot, or even a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, although it will bulge outwards. The Laundry Stuff Sack holds about as much as a Size 4 Travel Stuff Sack, but shaped like a longer cylinder that is better matched to the vertical heights of the Western Flyer, Tri-Star, and Aeronaut 30. Since the PCSB is a pretty good fit to one of the front compartments of the Western Flyer, all the other fit information can be deduced or scaled. for example, you know you can fit this into the Pilot, and into the bottom of the Daylight Backpack or Packing Cube Backpack for Tri-Star/Western Flyer with the caveat that these bags are going to be slightly tighter fits in width (i.e., stuffing the Laundry Stuff Sack full, because it is a tube with circular cross section and not a rectangle, is going to make these bags bulge; inside the WF, Tri-Star, or A30, the neighboring Dyneema "wall" is more accommodating to the shape of the Laundry Stuff Sack for the A30.)

I'll post some pictures for size reference:
    Ultraviolet Laundry Stuff Sack for A30 standing upright next to Steel Dyneema Pilot (on end) and French Blue Daylight Backpack with Steel Size 4 Travel Stuff Sack.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406389097.278514.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  145.4 KB

The Laundry Stuff Sack is a Cylinder that looks roughly like two Yarn Stuff Sacks placed end to end. (The sections are slightly smaller in diameter than a YSS, but that's the closest size). The next picture shows a top view with the center divider pushed all the way to one end. The "bottom" of the sack sits 2" or 50 mm below the end of the "cylinder" with a circular cross section.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406389666.201847.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  169.5 KB

Here's the ruler view of the depth:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406389943.755013.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  161.0 KB

The view from the other end of the cylinder shows the open sack, with a black piping circular border at the mid-point of the cylinder, and another circular border that marks the "bottom" of the sack that was shown in the previous view, now seen from the other side.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406390185.976122.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  153.8 KB

Here are some more size reference pictures with the Ultraviolet YSS at the right front, the Steel Small YSS in front center, and the Wasabi Size 3 Travel Stuff sack at front left. You can see the YSS is slightly bigger than each half section of the A30 Laundry Stuff Sack.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406390417.139207.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  128.5 KB

If you look closely at the first picture with the cylindrical UV Laundry Stuff Sack for the A30, you should be able to see that the top 2" section appears lighter. That's because the pushed in sack divider stops 2" from either end of the Laundry Stuff Sack Cylinder.

HTH. moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Pictures of the Laundry Stuff Sack for A30 with bags:
    Filled A30 UV Laundry Stuff Sack upright in French Blue Daylight Backpack next to Indigo Tri-Star. When filled, the A30 Laundry Stuff Sack matches the vertical height of bags like the Tri-Star and Western Flyer.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406390861.682432.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  88.9 KB

The "stuffed" capacity is about the same as the Size 4 Travel Stuff Sack shown below (and in the previous post) in steel, but the shape is longer and narrower, for better packing in the Tri-Star and WF
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406391198.658537.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  139.9 KB

Here's the filled UV Laundry Stuff Sack for A30 in the front right compartment of my Indigo/Solar Tri-Star. It exactly fits. (I won't bother to show this zipped closed.)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406391249.826385.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  154.7 KB

The same filled UV Laundry Stuff Sack for A30 in the front right compartment of a Nordic/Steel Western Flyer. Also a good fit, but the Western Flyer front compartments are equally divided, and hence wider than for the Tri-Star. The Laundry Stuff Sack only extends to the right O-ring, not to the zipper divider, so I've left this unzipped. (Apologies for the poor color lighting)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406391475.452784.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  176.5 KB

The same filled UV Laundry Stuff Sack for A30 horizontally placed at the bottom of the back compartment of a Steel Dyneema Pilot.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406391822.821380.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  174.8 KB

HTH moriiond

Volunteer Moderator
    The stuffed Ultraviolet A30 Laundry Stuff Sack in a Black Packing Cube Shoulder Bag:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406392716.783664.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  198.1 KB

And finally, the stuffed Ultraviolet Laundry Stuff Sack in the end compartment of an Aubergine/Wasabi A30:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406393084.453927.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  158.1 KB

The wasabi lining for the end compartment to the right is bulging a bit into the main compartment. There's a Dyneema Co-Pilot sitting inside the A30.

HTH moriond

This surely helps... a LOT!!! @moriond Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Now that I overcame my lack of photo posting skills, I can work on more and better photos! First step is to achieve daylight haha!
    LOL @GoStanford Have some of mine!! Too much here...

Had to move indoors to try to improve my pictures!! To describe my first one with a single word... I would say... blaah Spoken like the tasmanian devil cartoon character !

You are doing great, believe me!

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    The stuffed Ultraviolet A30 Laundry Stuff Sack in a Black Packing Cube Shoulder Bag:

And finally, the stuffed Ultraviolet Laundry Stuff Sack in the end compartment of an Aubergine/Wasabi A30:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406393084.453927.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  158.1 KB

The wasabi lining for the end compartment to the right is bulging a bit into the main compartment. There's a Dyneema Co-Pilot sitting inside the A30.

HTH moriond
    Moriond
    Thanks for all the photos. And you already got your aub/was a30!!!

Mine is supposed to ship on Monday. Will have to gaze at yours for now.
    Havent yet ordered the laundry bag, but still trying to decide if that is best solution for me...
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    Moriond
    Thanks for all the photos. And you already got your aub/was a30!!!

Mine is supposed to ship on Monday. Will have to gaze at yours for now.
    Havent yet ordered the laundry bag, but still trying to decide if that is best solution for me...
    @Hawaii I did just get my Aubergine A30, and the color is gorgeous! I have difficulty taking good photos with accurate colors at home, due to the lighting, and I can only easily post attachments from my iPad, so these factors in combination mean that color renditions are never great. I posted these pictures of the Laundry Stuff Sack because I had a lot of trouble imagining the size and usage before I ordered this. I only have the A30 size for this. And we'll have to come up with a better acronym so I dont have to keep writing the full name, since LSS will be interpreted as "Large Stuff Sack".

The size is really more comfortable for me, both in backpack and shoulder carry, than the A45, just as @Badger stated in her review.There are a lot of new-to-me design changes, since my Aeronauts all date from the original production batches! The O-rings in the end pockets, each slightly differently placed, are one example. With the new zipper design for seoarating the end pockets, they've also changed the way the Dyneema lining is attached and sewn into this part of the bag--it's more complex stitching, and basically lets you have a completely lined main section whose lining can "billow" into the end pockets when you unzip the dividing sections.

I'm still looking through the subtle style changes. One immediate reaction on unpacking was that the Aubergine would look great with an Ultraviolet Dyneema lining -- doubtless this was reinforced by seeing the Laundry Stuff Sack next to the bag. the pictures if Steel/UV did look good, but I think the Aubergine looks even better to me!

I think you'll really like this bag.

moriond

moriond thous pictures help a lot to understand the Laundry Stuff Suck (second the need for an acronym).
    You answered all my unspoken questions about this great little helper. And with bags I know next to it I have a good feeling for the size now. Thanks!

On a side note: your indigo Tri Star looks lovely. What a beautiful color.

Ilkyway

And we'll have to come up with a better acronym so I dont have to keep writing the full name, since LSS will be interpreted as "Large Stuff Sack".
    @moriond Can't we use LSS for the Laundry Sack and add numbers? We could write LSS45 LSS30
    Ilkyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    @moriond Can't we use LSS for the Laundry Sack and add numbers? We could write LSS45 LSS30
    Or even better we could use the volume LSS5 LSS9 that would add extra information to acronym and itīs almost a standard with TB naming!

The name is Travel Laundry Stuff Sack but we could call them Travel Laundry Stuffed Double Sacks size 30 or 45.

TLSS 30 or 45 is the acronym.

I knew the Crew thought about that!

Genius design as always!
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    The name is Travel Laundry Stuff Sack but we could call them Travel Laundry Stuffed Double Sacks size 30 or 45.

TLSS 30 or 45 is the acronym.

I knew the Crew thought about that!

Genius design as always!
    Thanks @backpack. TLSS it is.
    eWalker likes this.

Great photos, @moriond. I really appreciate the shots of the TLSS inside the TS and the PCSB. Based on the pics with the A30, there won't be any issues with the A45. Thank you so much! :D
    eWalker likes this.
    A45, MCB, SE; CP: Black/Solar; P: Navy/Solar; SE: Black/Iberian, Solar/Solar; MCB: Linen/Navy, Steel/Cayenne

Does this fit nicely into a synapse 25? Could someone post a pic pls and ty!
    eWalker likes this.

HTH moriond
    Wow! Thanks Moriond...that means it should fit in the bottom of my Swift--perfect for carrying extra yarn with my larger projects, or keeping 2 smaller projects separated. :-). And to think I had decided to not purchase a laundry bag...20 enabler points!
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0