Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Video reviews of the Pilot?

Video reviews of the Pilot?

Hi all,

I was wondering where the video reviews of the Pilot are. I saw lots of videos for the co-pilot, but maybe just one or two for the Pilot...
    I'd really like to get a better sense of how big the main compartment is. It looks like it might be 50-50 in terms of volume (meaning the the main pocket only constitutes 50% of the total volume).

I'd like to use it as my computer bag for work, but I need to be able to carry lots of papers occasionally.

Thanks.
    eWalker likes this.

Video reviews of the Pilot?

There don't seem to be many reviews of the Pilot, period - which is a pity, as it's an awesomely versatile bag. If I were any good with video I'd consider making one, but the best I can do is a blog post (in the works).

I'd say that yes, it's about 50/50, so it really depends on how thick a stack of papers you'd need to carry. If you're carrying a laptop in a cache in the main compartment, you might only get a couple of inches' worth in there, though the dyneema version is a lot more flexible so that might take a bit more.

Which model of computer are you going to be carrying in the Pilot, and will it be in a cache?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Yea, now that I'm looking, I can't find many Pilot reviews. I wonder why⁉️..

Anyway, I'm using a small 11 inch Panasonic notebook. It's pretty small and lightweight, but it is a bit thick. I don't need to carry a bunch of papers all the time, but there would be certain occasions where I'd need to. I could go with a bigger bag, but I like the look of the Pilot...

Hmmm...
    eWalker likes this.

I'll be getting a Pilot next week. If you give me a list of everything you would need to store in the Pilot, I could take some video or post some photos if you'd like. I have an iPad in a keyboard case (it's a keyboard for iPad) and a 10" netbook I could test with, among other TB accessories I could use. That might be helpful.
    eWalker likes this.
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

Oh. @al85, same here too.
    Have you decide on the color yet?
    Sent from 41Lumia via TPTalk
    eWalker likes this.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Used/Like New: SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

@weirdguy, I bought the Navy/Solar. :D
    eWalker likes this.
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

Great. Let me guess, you are another Solar lover?

Haha. I also have thought to get that but I already have that Combo color for my A45. Would like to have a all Dyneema bag.
    Sent from 41Lumia via TPTalk
    eWalker likes this.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Used/Like New: SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

I've just ordered the Black Dyneema/Wasabi pilot and should be here next week. I was also surprised not to see many video reviews. I'm buying this one to fit inside my TriStar for work travel, hence the Dyneema, to keep it as thin as possible unpacked.

I might try and video review for the fun of it.
    Rufus and eWalker like this.
    A vote for "Portable Culture"
    Tri-Star ([Black/Steel), Aeronaut (Steel/UV), Pilot (Black Dyneema/Wasabi), Zephyr (Black/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Black/Iberian), Ristretto 13 (Navy/Solar), Large Cafe Bag (Linen/Navy), Small Cafe Bag (Plum/Wasabi), Side Effect (Navy/Solar) (Black Dyneema/Wasabi)(Aubergine/Wasabi), Travel Trays (UV/Iberian/Nordic/Black), Large Shop Bag (Nordic)

Hi al85, that would be great!

I'm wondering how wide the main compartment will be. I've got a lunch box that is 9 cm wide, so I am concerned if that would fit. (I only need to carry papers and my laptop when I'm on a business trip, most of the time I imagine I'd only need to carry my lunchbox in the main compartment.

Thanks!!!
    eWalker likes this.

I realized that since there aren't any video reviews, whoever makes one should get lots of views since whenever someone searches for it, your's would be the only one there! :)

@weirdguy, yes, I'm definitely a solar lover. A good majority of my TB stuff has solar somewhere. :D

@rufus, so the list is:

- 11in laptop (thick)
    - 9cm lunchbox
    - papers of varying thickness (I'll attempt a multitude of combinations)

Anything else?

Hi al85,

Yea, that would be what I want to put in the main compartment. Just to elaborate,
    - the lunchbox is about 18(length) x 8(height) x 9(width) cm.
    - I'd usual only carry at most up to one inch of papers when I have the laptop with me

In the front pockets, I'd put the regular things people might:
    - iPhone
    - eyeglass case
    - water bottle
    - keys
    - company ID card
    - field notes notebook

Thanks! It's greatly appreciated. :)
    eWalker likes this.

Name:  Pilot B1.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  155.7 KBName:  Pilot B2.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  141.3 KBName:  Pilot B3.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  145.2 KB

While I am not great with video, I will post a few photos of the sorts of things that can fit in a Pilot, just in case that helps. I placed a large book (approximately 12 inches x 9 inches x 2 inches) in the main compartment along with a large Pilot packing cube, and in the inner pockets of the main compartment I fit a steno pad, an ipad mini in hard case, and a Kindle Paperwhite. In one front side pocket I fit a first aid kit and a TB 3-1-1 bag, though a side effect also will fit in a front side pocket. In the middle pocket I had a water bottle, and in the other front side pocket I placed pens, a sunglasses case, and an iPhone, though there was spare room left. The back packet will easily accommodate several magazines. Note: in the large packing cube I was able to fit a women's pair of jeans, shorts, two shirts, 2 pairs of socks, and a swimsuit. I may take the Pilot on my next overnight trip, now that I see how well it handles multitasking! :)

@rufus, thanks for the list!

@NWhikergal, awesome pictures! It's so interesting to see what can fit in the bags.

I've never made a video review, but I might be game for trying. Any particular things people are especially interested in if I were to make a video review of the Pilot? (Mine is Ballistic, so packing inside other bags does not work quite as well).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0