Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: different use of the key strap

different use of the key strap

Its so funny. The check out ladies at our local supermarket who pack my shopping bags always "close" the bag when they are full with the key strap. :-)

Name:  2014-07-24 16.43.12_resized.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  212.2 KB

How cute! My checkout people always want to turn the bags from inside out to right side out until I explain how to pack the pockets. I'll have them all trained up soon.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Thats funny. I have mine trained now too..to pack them to the max..they used to put only a few items into them of fear they would rip. :) I had a hard time trying to restrain myself from telling them only how strong the bags are without starting to ramble about how awesome these bags are in all its lenghty glory.
    Now they see me and they say "Oh, these bags again".

vivelly: did I include the keystrap when I send you your nordic Shop Bag? I just can not remember and as I always put them in a Stuff Sack, to have them all in one place, when a bag arrives, I just fear, that I might have deprived you of yours. Pleas let me know if this is the case!

PS: I like the locking-function of the key-straps you came up with!

Clever!

(By the way... Could we have more key straps? Please? I thought I was totally ok with the free ones, but now I have a bouquet of black straps inside my Swift and things are so very confusing!)
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

Sorry that I can not remember who, but someone had the great idea to use small colored rubber bands to mark the black key-straps... maybe taminca?
    Not that I am saying I wont love more keystraps, just offering a solution for now ;-)

Yes Ilkyway you did! :) My Nordic shopping bag is my priced possession and it has so far not made its way into the boot of my car yet, but is instead warm and cosy inside the house...coddled like a baby.

PS: I like the locking-function of the key-straps you came up with![/QUOTE]

Oh I cannot claim this idea..it was the lovely check out ladies who thought of this at the supermarket :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Sorry that I can not remember who, but someone had the great idea to use small colored rubber bands to mark the black key-straps... maybe taminca?
    Not that I am saying I wont love more keystraps, just offering a solution for now ;-)
    Nope, great idea to use rubber bands but not mine :). And I, too, would LOVE more key strap colors!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    Yes Ilkyway you did! :) My Nordic shopping bag is my priced possession and it has so far not made its way into the boot of my car yet, but is instead warm and cosy inside the house...coddled like a baby.
    Ditto here! Except for a few Shop Bags that I am saving as potential gifts, the rest are in my car's trunk except for my small and large Nordics. Even so, when I had to leave my car at the body shop for several days this week (another driver hit my rear bumper), the only things I removed for safekeeping were my Shop Bags :)
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

i have been (loving) using my NORDIC small shop bag as EDC the last week or so, and i used the keystrap as a way to hold it closed the other day and really liked that option. i remember someone telling me about that idea when using the Swift to keep smaller items from falling out--can't remember the thread. it amazes me that TB bags seem to have nearly endless secret hidden awesome features to discover!

Same here: all shop-bags in the car except the Nordic (and one Ultraviolet, because they look so pretty together). Which is a bit... well they are 400er so as tuff as they come and the others are 200er but anyway. I use them for "fancy-shoping": when my three girls need new clothes (they are growing like... well fast!) or something like that. My husband laughs but in a loving way...

Well whoever had this idea, with the color coded key straps: it is a good one!

@vivelly, you are not alone! The people when I check out always "close" the bag using the key strap here too. It really surprised me the first time they did it, then they complimented my bag. Of course, I use my large nordic shop bag for groceries, etc, since it is the only large shop bag I have. No coddled life of leisure for my bag, lol.

vivelly: PS: I like the locking-function of the key-straps you came up with!
    I use two long ones in the shape of a big X to close my Swift. Works like a champ.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Well whoever had this idea, with the color coded key straps: it is a good one!
    That was me! I think. I may not be the only one. Here's a picture:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0