Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Shipment 3/3! I'm in love!

Shipment 3/3! I'm in love!

I just went and picked up shipment 3/3 at the hub today, and I will say that I was most excited about this one! The order included a new Navy/Solar Pilot, size 6Z horizontal cache for my 13" MBP, and a small Wasabi Shop Bag that's been on my wish list since the beginning of time. I was originally planning on getting a Black/Wasabi Pilot, but decided to get something that pops a little more so I opted for the Navy/Solar because I love TB Navy and I have recently fallen in love with SOLAR!!! The only TB item I'm waiting for now is my Steel/Wasabi A30. Woohoo!

I love the pop of the Solar against the Navy. And those are my old college colors, so bonus points for TB!

Here's a shot of my two TB small shop bags together. My favorite reusable shop bag is one that I got in Berlin, but these are a close second! I will rule the grocery stores! Muahaha!

And a close up shot of the two fabrics. As you can see, the Wasabi is 200d and the Nordic is 400d. The Wasabi bag is noticeably floppier than the Nordic one, but that's not a bad thing!

I just sat down for 5 minutes and added red para cord pulls to the zippers! Woot!

love the red against the navy or nordic. looks great!
    Ilkyway likes this.

@Moosezilla Does the Pilot come with the red paracords? Do CP's get the red ones as well? I only received the black ones for my CP.

Ohhh lovely bag, lovely colours. I was keen to order a new style Aeronaut but went instead for the older version purely because of the navy/solar combination, so this picture has whetted my appetite somewhat. And I'm also keen to know if I can order the red paracord to go on the zips as it's a nice wee enhancement!

I didn't get any red pulls...just the black ones. Lucky for me, I have a small tote full of different colors of paracord!
    Ilkyway likes this.

You have great taste!! So I just had to do a 180 degree turn in my office chair and continue to ogle my freshly unboxed Navy/Solar Pilot that I got about an hour ago! :-)

Deal me in, I have and adore the same Pilot. Nice bags, nice pictures. Moosezilla: Did I miss 1/3 or am I just so overloaded with pictures that I do not recall them right now?

Oh, I'm sure it's floating around here somewhere. However, I did not title it 1/3....I'll go look for the thread and post the link here!

ETA: Link supplied to Shipment 1/3 (moriond for Moosezilla)
    Last edited by moriond; 07-16-2014 at 04:47 PM. Reason: added link to first shipment post

@Ilkyway, the photos from my first shipment are post #69 of the "Daylight Backpack" thread in Tom Bihn News & Everything Else. Sorry I'm too dumb to figure out how to link to that post!

ETA: @Moosezilla I added a link to your first shipment post. Hope this is OK moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 07-16-2014 at 04:45 PM. Reason: added link to 1/3 shipment post

ah yea I had red that. Did not make the connection though, sorry. What a great weak or so bag-wise!

Do you have a favorite between these new once?

Ilkyway

Right now it's probably the Pilot, although I really love the DLBP as well. I'm also super excited about the Q-Kits and the size 4 Solar Stuff Sack since it's my official running gear sack. I don't know why, but I've been getting a huge kick out of Solar lately. And I can't stop staring at how beautiful this Navy Pilot is. I'm really really glad I went with Navy instead of Black!
    Ilkyway likes this.

Does anybody know what type of material the black material is? Not the black zipper, but the black border material near the edges.?

thorn that is the slash-proof part of the zippers. They have the same functionality like the "old" once but are turned around. And these are shiny not mat. But it is "just" the zipper-part, that keeps your contend dry.

Hope this helps?
    Ilkyway

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Does anybody know what type of material the black material is? Not the black zipper, but the black border material near the edges.?
    Do you mean the black piping around the edges of the bag? I think that's just ballistic nylon around a little boning/tubing for structure.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0