Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Pilot in Forest

Pilot in Forest

I am sorry but I can not find the post. Someone asked for pictures of a forest Pilot. Here is what I could do today, but I have to say it is not easy to do this rich color justice.

Name:  Pilot forest.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  641.8 KB

Name:  Pilot mit Co-Pilot0.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  365.7 KB

Name:  Pilot mit Co-Pilot1.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  440.4 KB

Name:  Pilot mit Co-Pilot2.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  231.4 KB

Name:  Pilot mit Co-Pilot3.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  577.6 KB

This is my husbands brand new Pilot and my two Co-Pilots. The nordic one (as mentioned before) makes a very good bag-in-bag.

Here is a bonus shot with my whibal-card and a comparison of forest an aubergine (the last one is an old picture but I thought it would help here)

Name:  Pilot mit Co-Pilot4.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  356.1 KB

Name:  Augergine - Forest.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  550.6 KB

If you like a particular color next to the forest Pilot, let me know. If I have it, I'll take the picture.

Ilkyway

very beautiful pictures!!!

Nice! One of the requests to see the Forest Pilot was taminca on the "Mini-fest in Bloomington" thread (here) but that was in the Registered Members Only section.

Your husband's Pilot looks slightly bluer in the photos than my Forest Imago, but I don't know if that's a change in the fabric or colour distortion on my laptop screen. I'll take a photo of mine when it arrives, and post it here for comparison.

P.S. I'm increasing convinced that I need an aubergine Co-Pilot :)
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

scribe it is too bluish in the picture. In real live it is most like the first picture, but as I said my competence does not do this colors justice. I got myself a navy one (as I said I cant stand green on the outside. Wasabi as lining or for assessors I like a lot). But if there will ever be an Aubergine Pilot I will re-home the navy one. Aubergine is gouges for sure.

Ilkyway

OK, here's my forest/cork/linen hoard:

Name:  forest_and_cork.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  209.5 KB

Left to right: Pilot (forest/steel), medium DOP (linen), small OP (cork), SCB (linen/olive*), Q-Kit (forest), Imago (forest/cork/steel)

* with 'Portable Culture' patch - squeee!

Apologies for an indifferent picture - I only have a cheap digital camera and I don't have time to go outside and find perfect lighting. I did my best to adjust the colours to close to what my eyes see, but as Ilkyway says, Forest isn't quite as bluish as it appears in photos.

Also, although it's not obvious, the Imago is a slightly more muted colour than the Pilot, though whether through age or simply a different dye lot, I have no idea.
    Collections:
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Scribe--how do you have a linen SCB with a Portable Culture tag? Thought linen was a new color...

The linen and forest look awesome together.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Forest Pilot!!! Thanks so much, @scribe and @Ilkyway!

And, @scribe, your Forest/Linen/Cork collection is gorgeous!

ETA: YES YES YES, PLEASE! to Aubergine Pilots and Co-Pilots.
    Last edited by taminca; 07-15-2014 at 06:37 AM.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    Scribe--how do you have a linen SCB with a Portable Culture tag? Thought linen was a new color...
    I bought the SCB from @ceepee - I didn't think to ask her how old it is, but AFAIK the Portable Culture patch was only discontinued maybe last year (?), whereas linen cordura has been around for at least a couple of years. Maybe an old hand such as @moriond has more accurate dates?

They do, don't they? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ilkyway likes this.
    Collections:

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the Forest Pilot!!! Thanks so much, @scribe and @Ilkyway!

And, @scribe, your Forest/Linen/Cork collection is gorgeous!
    Thanks! I think Forest may be my new favourite colour, or at least a very close second to Aubergine. I received a Q-Kit in each colour, which made me a very happy bunny :)

Ilkyway likes this.
    Collections:

Pilot in Forest

Linen has been around for a while. The first time I got a really good look at it was in this thread from back in 2011, though I believe the color was used before then too: Hello! I have bags. Let me show you them. ;D

You have to scroll down a bunch to see: it's an old-style (Cordura) Ristretto.

Ilkyway likes this.

scribe your colors look more accurate. And what a great collection you have there! I think this is one of the very few pictures (if not the only? which shoes linen correctly.)

With linen it is a bit like with steal: on the Internet it looks very neutral with a hint to cold/bluish but in real it is more worm with this hint of green.

Thanks! I think that colour-correcting using cork as my "reality check" helped to get the other colours as close to "real life" as is possible in a digital photo. OTOH I think your close-up gives the best impression of the rich texture of the ballistic colours - they both have a lovely shimmer to them that disappears in normal photos.

Ilkyway likes this.
    Collections:

Aahh! Great job @Ilkyway, you've just made my TBAS worse! I have a Forest Pilot that should be arriving early next week (along with a Cardinal Co-Pilot). I've realised that a dark colour like Forest may be work-safe for me, so I'm really looking forward to using it as my brief in the future.

It's correct to say that Forest is quite a bit less blue (I have a Forest KTP). When the light shines directly on it you'll see that it is fairly green, but appears slightly bluish in dimmer light. I had intended to upload a colour-corrected photo, but realised that what looked accurate on my iPhone was rubbish on my laptop. Just take our word for it that it's not very blue :)

ETA: IMO the new zippers look great with Forest. Dark silver + dark green = MMMMMMM!
    Last edited by adalangdon; 07-15-2014 at 07:59 AM.
    Ilkyway likes this.
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

CARDINAL??? from whence cometh the cardinal CP?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0