• 3 Post By luvdabags
  • 3 Post By Auntie Em
  • 11 Post By Ilkyway
  • 2 Post By luvdabags
  • 1 Post By vivelly
  • 2 Post By Ilkyway

Thread: 2 good things on one day..for Ilkyway

2 good things on one day..for Ilkyway

Yesterday I had 2 really good things happen.
    First: Germany won the Fifa Word Cup!!!!!! OMG the JOY!!!!!
    Second: I received my first NORDIC in the mailbox..sent by Ilkyway together with a good dose of fresh Nordic North German air! :) She took pity on me when I missed out on the last Nordic shopping bag.

That sure was cause to celebrate!!!!!

Name:  20140715_191926_resized.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  721.3 KBName:  20140715_191945_resized.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  678.3 KBName:  20140715_191957_resized.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  549.6 KB

Thank you Ilkyway..you are just awesome!!!! I will treasure this bag for sure...I love it...really sad that I never appreciated Nordic when it was available....and I love the little pouch!!!!!! :)

What a day it was....

This is a better picture...

Nordic shopping bag with the World Cup. :)

Name:  2014-07-15 20.06.42_resized.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  155.9 KB

vivelly I had evil plans for this second large Shoping Bag so infackt you saved it: Together with this bag I had ordered a steel dynemme Upper Modular Pocked and my plan was to take both to someone who can sew and have her make me a nordic Upper Modular Pocket out of it (takeing the steel one apart for the "hardware" and cutting the material in nordic from this very same Shop Bag that is sitting so happily next to the Pocal down there in your home). So you saved a in-dangered species by taking her in.

And as for the Word Cup, here is what I have to contribute:

Name:  WM2014.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  360.4 KB

Ilkyway

LOL Ilkyway! Love the flag colours! And yes I am SO glad I saved this beauty from a cruel death by mutilation. lol I will give her a loving home with no fear of such a thing happening to her. ;-)

I also ordered a large nordic shopping bag and got the dreaded email that said they had run out. Luckily they were able to find a small nordic shop bag for me instead, and turns out I LOVE the small shop bag!! It is my first shop bag, and it may become my new EDC for the kid filled days of summer with unplanned library trips and the need for quick access to snacks. I love it's size. Makes me think that a Swift or Little Swift might work well for me. Can anyone tell me about the carrying capacity/size of the Swifts compared to the small shop bag?

EEK! I'm glad, too! I can't imagine cutting up a Nordic shop bag. I had enough trouble the other day snipping the snap hooks off of two padded pouches that are protecting external computer drives living in my desk drawer when not being used (and which will never travel), and the item description even gives you permission to do that. (But, oh, the trouble and care someone went through to attach them to the pouches. How could I cut them off without a thought? At least it took me 6 months to work up to doing it.)

Auntie Em: Yea I am a bit routhless that way. I am not sure if it is any conzulation, but of every bag I take a knife or sizzer too I have a second one that stays unharmed. In this case I had to debate: risking that my idea would not work out and I would end up with two cut bags or re-homing and thus saving the Shop bag and using the steel Upper Modular Pocket as it is. Since we all know how this one went I felt free to admit to my bloody plans. The shop bag is so far out of my reach now, that no harm can come to it.

luvdagags: I will look into it and edit this post about it if nobody beats me to it.

So, now I had time to do this: The bags are sorted by size/volume. The sofa-cushion is the same in the large Shop Bag as in the Swift as behind the little Swift. I hope this helps for scale. The small Shop Bag is size-wise in-between the Swift (15,5L) and the little Swift (8,2L).

Name:  Größenvergleich.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  858.2 KB

The Shop Bags where folded maverick-style so they are a bit wrinkly right now.

Ilkyway
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 07-15-2014 at 06:56 AM.

Thanks Ilkyway. That is just what I wanted to see!

Ilkyway..I would love to see you entire collection of TB! :-)
    Ilkyway likes this.

When I had two bottles of champaign some day maybe ;-)
    vivelly and carl0 like this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    I also ordered a large nordic shopping bag and got the dreaded email that said they had run out. Luckily they were able to find a small nordic shop bag for me instead, and turns out I LOVE the small shop bag!! It is my first shop bag, and it may become my new EDC for the kid filled days of summer with unplanned library trips and the need for quick access to snacks. I love it's size. Makes me think that a Swift or Little Swift might work well for me. Can anyone tell me about the carrying capacity/size of the Swifts compared to the small shop bag?
    @luvdabags You've already received a pictorial answer from @Ilkyway about the relative sizes of Swifts, Little Swifts, and both sizes of Shop Bags. Let me add a link to another reference that shows how large the Large Shop bag is: @dorayme's My Large Shop Bag Saved Me! post in the Yet another use for the Large Shop Bag thread shows a picture of this shop bag working as an underseat personal carryon bag that holds contents that even overflowed her Swift, which is also inside that bag.

HTH moriond

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0