Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Photo Comparison between bags

Photo Comparison between bags

I am new to TB and just received my Ego and Co-pilot. I'm thinking of getting the Aeronaut as a future-proof travel bag. But I can't wrap my head around what's the actual size of it. Since I have my Ego and Co-pilot with me, can any kind soul post a picture of the A45 beside/ behind those 2 bags for comparison please?
    Once I have the comparison, I will know if I should get the A45 or A30. Thanks!

Cheers! :)

P.S. @tpnl and @icebeng, You guys helped me during my bag research, which was less than a month ago, and now I'm looking to get a 3rd TB bag already...Should I thank you or not :| This is an expensive addiction. I'd better slow down soon!

I have the co pilot and A45. Would that help? Also pilot and imago for messenger-style comparisons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    @aquaris85 I'm sure someone can post a picture with the Ego, but in the meantime, take a look at the blog entry for Chris and Daniel's Bags from the Two Weeks in Japan Videos. The videos that are also linked in that post show two different styles of packing up the Aeronaut 45. Chris packed a Co-Pilot inside the Aeronaut in the first part of the video. All the accessories they use (listed in the timeline for the video in the blog post) are also laid out against the Aeronauts in the video.

HTH moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 07-12-2014 at 02:05 PM.

@kkintea yes that would be a great help! Any kind of comparison with an Ego or CP! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A45, Pilot, Co-Pilot

Pilot & A45 / Co-Pilot & WF

Just for fun!

Edit: I actually have my ballistic TS in the A45, giving it that lovely shape. A towel went into the WF, so it's a bit lumpy. There is a camera insert in the Pilot and nothing in the Co-Pilot. I would think that Dyneema would be favorable to Bihn nesting, but it would also depend on what else is going in the larger bag. Hope this helps!

Last edited by kkintea; 07-12-2014 at 02:16 PM.

@moriond great link! Like i said last time, an encyclopedic knowledge of this forum!

Question, if I wanted to stick my co-pilot into the aeronaut like in the video, would there be a big difference if it were a ballistic nylon or a dyneema ine?

@kkintea that was fast! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by aquaris85 View Post
    @kkintea that was fast! Thank you!

Ever since I did the 'great cleanout' (inspired by another thread), all the bags are neatly organized on open shelving in the closet, so it's easy to grab and go.

Ilkyway likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    @kkintea Great pictures (especially including the dog). And I love the Nordic Western Flyer (with TB luggage tag) especially since I now have one of those.

@aquaris You've probably seen this, but I'll link to the post by ldave1 showing pictures of the A30 and A45 side by side in the thread he started: Lil' ol' A30 of mine (or, first impressions...) I'd still take a look at the video to see what you can pack inside the A45, including the Co-Pilot.

Cheers,

moriond

love all that nordic!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaris85 View Post
    Question, if I wanted to stick my co-pilot into the aeronaut like in the video, would there be a big difference if it were a ballistic nylon or a dyneema ine?
    The Dyneena version of the Co-Pilot is more "squashable" if you're not packing it fully, but either version should fit in the Aeronaut 45 (and I assume the A30). Some people find the Ballisitic Nylon Co-Pilot "stiff" when it first arrives, but mine is quite flexible. So, I'd say that you should be able to use either version in the Aeronaut, and your preference for the way you use the Co-Pilot (what you carry in it) should govern your fabric choice, unless you are super weight conscious.

As a side note, in case you want to carry your Co-Pilot with clothes inside the back pocket, here's a link to the Packing Cubes for Co-Pilot post that shows a Small Western Pilot packing cube in the back compartment, along with a Side Effect and a 3D Clear Organizer Cube in the pockets, and a Double Carabiner Clip to latch these to an O-ring.

I believe @icebeng and @tpnl mentioned/recommended getting a Side Effect to use as a airplane seat bag when hooked on with Double Carabiner Clips. Here's a post which shows a picture of how that works from the Double Carabiner 4 Thumbs Up! thread.

HTH moriond

Does this side by side help? A45 and A30.

Name:  IMG_0435.JPG
Views: 470
Size:  75.5 KB

At moriond's suggestion, here's a link to my review:

http://www.1bag1world.com/2014/06/ge...hn-aeronaut-30
    Last edited by Frank II; 07-12-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    Does this side by side help? A45 and A30.
    It sure did help escalate my TBAS! :)
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator
    @Frank II You could also have included the direct link to your review of the A30. I'm curious to learn about the new packing cube fits, and maybe we'll read more about these from the people who just received their A30s (always assuming they ordered any of the packing cubes).

Frank, since you are familiar with the a30 and A45 where in the bags do you notice the size difference between the two? The main compartments or the ends? Or both?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0