Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree815Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Bleu français est magnifique! Montré ici sur un enfant de 8 ans.

OMG! Is he ever the bomb!
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Volunteer Moderator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matching DLBP with bike!!!!
    Looking good there, maverick!

Volunteer Moderator
    some days, everything around you looks French blue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks maverick for the video of your son modelling the DLBP. Looks like a good fit for him! I think my guy will enjoy his when we do receive our package. ☺

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Aubergine is still Queen, but French Blue (due in part to @maverick's DLBP posts) is creeping up there as my favorite TB bag color! Now if only it were available in ballistic for the larger bags... (Not that I need any more bags, of course!)
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Thanks for the great French Blue Daylight Backpack video and pictures with the most handsome of models!

I was also able to catch up on your Side Effect many uses and Western Flyer water bottle fit videos, thank you so much, they are very informative and very professionally done.
    eWalker likes this.

I do not know if this is even possible, but if so could one of the Forum-Allpowefulls maybe move all the bike-related posts to a dedicated Thread over at the Non-Tom-Bihn section? I would so much like to continue this conversation without steeling the thunder of the very great Daylight Backpack.

Ilkyway

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I do not know if this is even possible, but if so could one of the Forum-Allpowefulls maybe move all the bike-related posts to a dedicated Thread over at the Non-Tom-Bihn section? I would so much like to continue this conversation without steeling the thunder of the very great Daylight Backpack.

Ilkyway
    Discussion of folding bicycles (including those in colors that match the Daylight Backpack) has been moved to this thread on Bromptons & Other Folding Bicycles in the Not About Bags Forum

And now back to our regularly scheduled program…

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Yes, same little big guy.

It's a straight line across the back, perhaps two-thirds of the way down.
    Thanks Maverick!

That explains why I couldn't see anything in the product shot of the rear on the website; black stitching on a black Dyneema bag likely isn't super noticeable unless you are holding the bag up close.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Travel Tray (Iberian), organizer wallet (Wasabi), passport pouch (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps
    Ordered: Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet)
    Want: EVERYTHING.

Volunteer Moderator
    In the earlier pictures of the Daylight Backpack, @taminca showed the DLBP could be slipped into the zippered back pocket that holds the backpack straps of the Tri-Star. This also works for the Western Flyer, although the fit is a little snugger

DLBP being slid into the backpack straps pocket of the Nordic Western Flyer
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405114422.975457.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  360.4 KB

The top of the DLBP fits more closely under the top edge of the zipper in the WF compared to the Tri-Star, but there is no problem zipping this closed, or pulling out the backpack straps and carrying either bag with the DLBP flat in the back pocket.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405114440.780019.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  342.9 KB

You can carry the DLBP here, as well as pack it and enclose it where the large packing cube is carried, if you want to use regular packing cubes in the main compartment of WF or Tri-Star and carry this bag as an addition.

BTW, the Vertical Freudian Slip doesn't fit the DLBP well compared to the PCBP for Tri-Star/WF because the narrower top pitches the corners. It can be carried if the DLBP is under filled, but will stress the top corners.

HTH moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    BTW, the Vertical Freudian Slip doesn't fit the DLBP well compared to the PCBP for Tri-Star/WF because the narrower top pitches the corners. It can be carried if the DLBP is under filled, but will stress the top corners.
    @moriond Do you know if the Large DOP fits?
    RhoFro likes this.
    Orders placed! Countdown to Mid August for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 : 19 days to go!!

Thanks, @moriond! My WF is the rolling pocket version so I could not test that scenario.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    @moriond Do you know if the Large DOP fits?
    @eWalker Since the Double Organizer pouches all seem to take their sizes from the corresponding regular Organizer pouches, I'd say that the Large DOP will fit into the DLBP if you curve the edges around at the top two corners, and put the Large DOP into the main compartment (not trying to fit it into the bottom pouch, which is already starting to narrow.)

Here's the back side of a large clear organizer pouch in Indigo on top of the DLBP
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405116315.084043.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  109.1 KB

The old size large organizer pouch (crimson) from several years ago would fit without folding corners, and inside the bottom pocket. That pouch holds A4 paper, but not a very thick stack (e.g. 100-500 sheets, which you do with the current Large pouches)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405116494.675030.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  104.2 KB

HTH moriond
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @eWalker Since the Double Organizer pouches all seem to take their sizes from the corresponding regular Organizer pouches, I'd say that the Large DOP will fit into the DLBP if you curve the edges around at the top two corners, and put the Large DOP into the main compartment (not trying to fit it into the bottom pouch, which is already starting to narrow.)

The old size large organizer pouch (crimson) from several years ago would fit without folding corners, and inside the bottom pocket. That pouch holds A4 paper, but not a very thick stack (e.g. 100-500 sheets, which you do with the current Large pouches)
    Thanks @moriond, that is just what I needed to know!

I don´t intend to transport large amounts of paper on my EDC. And you just inspired me to use then also on the PCBP's that I will use as BOB!

Thanks again!
    Orders placed! Countdown to Mid August for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 : 19 days to go!!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0