Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree884Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos

Ah, yes....kids....
    Ilkyway likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

JLE, that pic is fabulous! i am really not traditionally a backpack person, but this DLBP is so tempting, and i love the orange and plum and french blue...

Great photos throughout this thread. Nice to see people wearing the packs, as well as comparison images.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Volunteer Moderator
    Bleu français est magnifique! Montré ici sur un enfant de 8 ans.

maverick thank your sun for doing this. He looks cute. And what a fine backpack he has! I might want to get me one of thous one day (meaning in that color that is).

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    maverick thank your sun for doing this. He looks cute. And what a fine backpack he has! I might want to get me one of thous one day (meaning in that color that is).
    He's cute, and it was very kind of him to model my Daylight Backpack. But let's be clear here - it is my Daylight Backpack. I may let him use it. I may even carry some of his things in it. But it's mine. It came to me... My precious... :)

Just a thought - the front interior of the Daylight Backpack is lined with 420d Parapack. The back, however, isn't. Totally conjecture on my part, but I think the front may be lined to help the Daylight Backpack keep its shape. I would love to see the back lined as well - so that the lower interior pocket could then perhaps be stitched to the lining rather than to the back fabric of the Daylight Backpack - with the result that that stitching would not be visible on the outside. Would that be possible?

I'm sure it's with good reason that Tom did not line the back. But I thought I'd put the thought out there anyhow...
    -m

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    He's cute, and it was very kind of him to model my Daylight Backpack. But let's be clear here - it is my Daylight Backpack. I may let him use it. I may even carry some of his things in it. But it's mine. It came to me... My precious... :)
    Is this the little guy who was in a couple of your old bag videos?

Just a thought - the front interior of the Daylight Backpack is lined with 420d Parapack. The back, however, isn't. Totally conjecture on my part, but I think the front may be lined to help the Daylight Backpack keep its shape. I would love to see the back lined as well - so that the lower interior pocket could then perhaps be stitched to the lining rather than to the back fabric of the Daylight Backpack - with the result that that stitching would not be visible on the outside. Would that be possible?

I'm sure it's with good reason that Tom did not line the back. But I thought I'd put the thought out there anyhow...
    Interesting. People rarely take pictures of the back of the bags. Is there a lot of visible stitching on the back panel?
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Bleu français est magnifique! Montré ici sur un enfant de 8 ans.

An interesting first for me on the Forum... @maverick, I am on Amtrak accessing the web thru their free WiFi and received the following pertaining to your post: "The website you are attempting to access has been blocked by an automatic content filter. If you feel the website has been blocked in error, please contact us at www.amtrak.com/contactus"
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    An interesting first for me on the Forum... @maverick, I am on Amtrak accessing the web thru their free WiFi and received the following pertaining to your post: "The website you are attempting to access has been blocked by an automatic content filter. If you feel the website has been blocked in error, please contact us at www.amtrak.com/contactus"
    Must be all of the gratuitous bag pr0n.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Must be all of the gratuitous bag pr0n.
    Now I REALLY want to see @maverick's video!!!
    Janine and eWalker like this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Is this the little guy who was in a couple of your old bag videos?

Interesting. People rarely take pictures of the back of the bags. Is there a lot of visible stitching on the back panel?
    Yes, same little big guy.

It's a straight line across the back, perhaps two-thirds of the way down.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    I completely understand why they do this.

This is a serious concern for Amtrak. So much so, that they have discussed blocking access to the Tom Bihn website in general!

They are concerned that if even one person starts looking at Tom Bihn bags using the Amtrak WiFi service, word about their amazing bags will spread like wildfire across the train - and everyone on the train might start connecting to their WiFi service in order to place orders on the Tom Bihn website, and their WiFi service won't be able to take the load!

So to prevent their WiFi service from collapsing, they invoked the content filter.

I did notice that when I put a very full side effect in the top pouch, the back of the backpack did bulge out slightly above the stitched lines. Maybe the stitching that goes all the way through the back reinforces the support for the top pouch? That is a guess only, since I seem to be better at acquiring bags than building bags. :)
    Janine likes this.

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    JLE, that pic is fabulous! i am really not traditionally a backpack person, but this DLBP is so tempting, and i love the orange and plum and french blue...
    Thanks! I'm not really a backpack person either - I tend to limit use to the gym etc, but these little packs are somehow quite a different proposition. I think the colours in my pic look cleaner and less intense than they are in "person" (nothing wrong with personifying a TB bag, is there?). French Blue is deeper and more complex than it appears, burnt orange is not as bright as it looks (in some light it almost looks terracotta), and navy is richer than it looks in the shot. And I have to correct an error - I said the Synapse was Sapphire, but of course it's indigo. Post updated.
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator

Actually, I get now why the front interior is lined with 420d Parapack - there is a diagonal zippered pocket in the front. Sorry, I'm a little slow today. :)
    Janine and eWalker like this.
    -m

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0